Clone a site to a new server/domain

I know Cloner plugin clones within a multisite, but does anyone know of any plugins that allow cloning of a site and copying it into another domain/server?

Thanks for your help!
Sinoun

• Tyler Postle

Hey Sinoun,

Hope you're doing well today!

You could try out our Snapshot plugin. You would create a snapshot of your site then upload it to your /wp-content/uploads/snapshots directory on a fresh install(new server you're migrating too).

Once you have it uploaded to the correct directory then go to:

Snapshot > Import. then click "scan/import" and your recently uploaded snapshot will be imported into your dashboard snapshot list so you can restore it to the site :slight_smile:

Keep in mind, the migration logic is still in beta right now. Many of ours users use it without issues, but it still has a little ways to go for more complex situations.

Another option would be this plugin: https://github.com/wp-sync-db/wp-sync-db

I've used it before and it works well for migrating single sites from one place to another.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Sinoun,

I see what you mean :slight_smile:

Are you wanting to just give the subsite a different domain? So the location of the files themselves isn't really important, you just want it to display on yourdomain.com instead of the subsite url?

If that is the case then the easiest way to do this would be domain mapping: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

That allows you to map the domain to one of your subsites, so instead of it showing up at the subsite url it will be visible on yourdomain.com. The original subsite url will redirect to the domain you map it too as well, so no worries if someone tries to visit the old url.

Let me know if that is what you're after :slight_smile: and/or if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Anang

Hi @sinoun

Working with Tyler here :slight_smile:

Domain mapping basically just "redirecting" the site, but it need a less effort and same result (for common case). But if you want to move out subsite to fresh new installation , you can use snapshot just like Tyler describe before :slight_smile:

And please note if you backup your subsite (not main site), snapshot only backup the media files for that subsite. So you need manually upload Plugins, Themes files manually.And because the settings is saved in Database which is backed up with snapshot, I think you don't need to reconfigure this in your new installation :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need any help :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.