Clone site using snapshot doesn't copy whmcs

Hi

I'm trying to do what Vaughan suggested in my other thread.

To clone the site using snapshot so I can work on integrating whmcs integration plugin without affecting the live site. And then once done make the changes to the live site.

Backing up the wp files with snapshots worked just fine but snapshot didn't backup the whmcs files.

I don't know if this is possible but any suggestion on how I can have an identical copy of the site with whmcs on a development domain would be appreciated?

Or I welcome any other suggestion on how to proceed setting up whmcs plugin, setting up the pages with the shortcode without affecting the live site until I'm ready to make those new whmcs pages live.

I've read some thread about snapshot but I can't find similar problems.

Thanks
Joe

• Ash

Hello @Joe

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Backing up the wp files with snapshots worked just fine but snapshot didn't backup the whmcs files.

About the WHMCS file do you mean the whmcs software, different that wordpress site? Or the plugin settings?

Note that, snapshot can't copy the external whmcs files which is not part of the wordpress site. But it should be able to copy the plugin files and settings if you select so when you create the backup. In that case, external whmcs files need to be copied manually.

Please feel free to suggest.

Cheers
    Ash

• Joe

Hi Ashok

Yes that's what I was asking, to copy whmcs software with wp to a test site.

I thought I could clone the whole site add the new pages using the whmcs integration plugin on the clone site, build the new pages using the shortcode and then make those changes to the live site.

If I make the changes on the live site I have to change the setting in whmcs to the portal copy, right? Than that right there would affect the live pages.

Plus I would have to deactivate the current whmcs integration plugin from another company to activate yours and that to will affect the live site.

I understand what you're saying now that I would have to move whmcs manually but it's not something I really want to get into.

I guess I'm facing somewhat of a serious problem if I don't want to affect the live pages while making those changes.

Thanks for your fast response Ashok.
      Joe

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Joe, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

While you could clone the site, and install WHMCS WP Integration on that cloned site, there wouldn't be any way out of changing the template inside WHMCS to "Portal" (which as you said, would affect the live site).

(on the shortcode front though, I should note that there'd only be one shortcode to insert on the page, that being the [wcp_content] shortcode)

Unless you can get a 2nd WHMCS install up and running, the only thing I can really offer would be to try setting things up at your least busy time (most likely, it'd be done at night, under the cover of darkness).

If there's anything else we can do to assist here, please let us know. Hope you're doing well today!

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.