Cloned Subsites Not Cloning All Settings

Hi,

I have an issue with the 'Cloner' plugin. I cloned this parent website to two new sites. But it did not clone the menu plugin's settings regarding the underlying selected images of the menu items. It just copied the related image files. Originally I wanted to setup a basic package of a parent site (like with the 'Duplicator' plugin) and use it to clone unlimited subsites. Is this possible with the 'Cloner' plugin?

Thanks

Rod

• Sajid

Hi Rod,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, that is what Cloner plugin is for. This will copy all the content including settings as well as other custom tables of other plugins too.

By default, custom tables ignored by the plugin, so make sure you select those table too from Advanced Options section in on the screen of settings while cloning (see screenshot).

Thanks for granting support staff access but I could access your Network Admin (see screenshot).

Also, the main domain is not working too due to a redirect loop (see screenshot).

Please try the above mentioned method to include the custom tables. If its still not working then please specify what options are not working by sharing the exact link on your admin. Also, make sure your site admin area is working so I could take a closer look.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Rod

Hi Sajid,

the admin access URL is this one:

https://roadmapstores.com/wp-admin/index.php

this should work.

I have used the advanced options and selected all tables mentioned on the left side and moved it to the right. While cloning process was going on I could see that all the mentioned image files were copied too. But when finished they are not selected as images for the related menu items.

If you can please try to clone a new subsite and see for yourself.

Thanks

Rod

• Sajid

Hi Rod,

Thanks for sharing the correct admin URL but I am still confused about what settings it does not copy ?

You mean the Settings of ubermenu (Admin -> Appearance -> UberMenu )?

Also, we have a snapshot plugin that does similar job. You can create snapshot of your existing site and load it on any of your subisites on network. Please give it a try and let me know if that does what you are looking for.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Rod

Hi Sajid,

yu can see the difference between the sites when you go to the parent site

https://roadmapstores.com

and the two cloned subsites

https://site1.roadmapstores.com

https://site2.roadmapstores.com

The settings of the underlying images of the menu items were not cloned. In the parent site they are set under Appearence > Ubermenu > Select Menu Item (via hover over the menu item and click on the appearing Uber) > Images > Select. Then saved by Uber and the menu itself. In the subsites they were not set after cloning.

Thanks for your help.

Rod

BTW: In case you click on any menu item, it will take you to other sites which are not in the network. Don't worry about that. They are not part of this support ticket. Thanks.

• Sajid

Hi Rod,

Thanks for further explaining the issue in detail. But I am unable to access your website from yesterday. There is 523 cloudflare error on main site and subsite did not responded as well.

I left this ticket for today to take a look but its still same cloudflare error.

Back to your problem, in cloner missing some data error, the most common cause is custom tables not being included. That you have done this time but still did not worked for you. That means the plugin have some kind of complex relationship of settings in different tables that is not being recognized by cloner plugin.

In this case, I would suggest to try to our Snapshot Pro plugin. It does the similar job with more features and control.

Here are the steps to use this plugin.

1. Activate this plugin network wide.

2. Create a snapshot from Network -> Snapshots -> Add New.

3. Select the site that you want to clone from Snapshot Information -> Blog to backup and select files + tables (recommended to select Include All tables).

4. Now create a blank test site from Network -> Sites -> Add New and copy its ID. You can find the ID of site easily with Multisite Enhancements plugin.

5. Go to Network -> Snapshots -> All Snapshots.

6. Mouse over on the snapshot archive we have created earlier and click on "restore".

7. From all listed archives click on "restore" of the most recent archive.

8. In "Restore Blog Options" click on the "Change" under "Will be restored to" column.

9. Enter the ID of site you copied in step 4 and click on lookup. This will automatically select your site.

10. Now finally click on "Restore Snapshot" button, sit back and relax.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.