[Cloner] New Page IDs - should Cloned page IDs be unique to the newly cloned site?

so, as many a support staff might be all too familiar with me at this point... i've had some interesting and odd problems with one of my sub-site, multisite installs. yesterday, while i was making sure that each sub-site's WooCommerce DB was up to date (preparing for WP 5.0), I noticed something in my WooCommerce Status page. this kinda caught me by surprise, although it might be 100% A-Okay.

So, I noticed that maybe half of the sub-sites had the same Page ID#s for Shop, Cart, My Account, and Checkout. On that note, the page IDs were like 54, 55, 56 & 57. So, if these IDs reference(d) actual WordPress Post IDs, then wouldn't this mean that the problem has been going on since... well, since pretty much my first Cloned site?

The reason why this mostly caught me off guard was that I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary at first... but when I had each sub-sites WC Status pages all aligned, and moved quickly from tab to tab on my browser, that's when I noticed the inconsistency.

About half were, what I'd call, normal Post ID assignments. As in, incrementally "accurate" as to the creation of the the Cloned subsite (as in, Post ID 1024,1024,1026,1027 & Post ID 3089, 3090, 3091, 3092).

The other half all had Post ID 54, 55, 56 & 57.

Maybe I don't have a solid understanding of how things work with Cloner, with WordPress or... maybe I need to take the WP 101 course again. But maybe, something hiccuped at some point?

Either way, some feedback from one of the WPMU support Pros would be greatly appreciated!

thank ya kindly,
splaquet

• Ash

Hello splaquet

I am sorry I am not quite sure I understood your query here. So, let me give a brief how cloner actually works.

Cloner just clones an existing site to a new site or to another existing site. And while cloning it will clone the IDs too. So a post hello world will have the same ID in all the cloned subsites. Even if you clone to an existing subsite, it will be wiped out first and then copy from the source site.

So, would you please explain the issue again? Maybe rephrase so that I can try the same thing on my site and try to replicate your issue?

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• splaquet

in short...

My "vanilla" site that I cloned, had pages:
    woocommerce, my-account, checkout, cart
    with IDs:
    54, 55, 56 & 57

Many of the sites that we cloned off of Vanilla had pages:
    woocommerce, my-account, checkout, cart
    with IDs:
    54, 55, 56 & 57

if you're saying that the same Page IDs are OKAY, and are unrelated to other posts within the multisite network... then there's nothing wrong at all.

I just found it super odd that about half of our subsites had the same Page IDs and the other half had different Page IDs. For some reason, I was a little scared that something didn't quite work and that they were pulling info from other sites within the network.

Your response makes me feel better about things... so, with that, I do thank you Ash !

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.