[Cloner] CLONER not working

Already Installed

You appear to have already installed WordPress. To reinstall please clear your old database tables first..

after trying to clone a web site i get this message and no clone from a site. I did use the path for the class.copier-pages.zip and is same result. Thanks for the help!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello WILFREDO

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I would like to take a closer look at the issue so could you please enable support access to the site so I could check it? To do so, please go to the “Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support” page in your site’s back-end and click on “Grant support access” button there, then let me know here once it’s done.

Would you, please, let me also know please which one of the sites of your Multisite have you tried to clone? I understand that the issue that you’re experiencing doesn’t bring down entire Multisite but just shows this error, right?

Also, I’m not quite following you on this one:

I did use the path for the class.copier-pages.zip and is same result.

Could you please explain a bit more what do you mean by this?

Kind regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello WILFREDO

Thanks for enabling access.

I just got to know that apparently there’s an “unknown so far” issue with Cloner that’s causing that behavior in some cases. This seems to be one of those cases so since our developers are already aware of this and are looking into the issue to find a solution, I have included your ticket in their report so we’d be notified of any solutions/patches.

Please keep an eye on this ticket and we’ll notify you in case any “hot patch” or a workaround shows up or in case our developers had some additional questions. Please also, however, keep the plugin up to date as the fix might be released as update.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Antoine
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Adam,

same problem here

– Host 1&1 Ionos (WordPress unlimited)

– WP 5.1.1–fr_FR

– Child theme based on twentySeventeen

Some identical/additional symptoms :

1. I also have the message “You appear to have already installed WordPress. To reinstall please clear your old database tables first”

2. A new blog is created but empty (no theme activated, no posts, etc.)

So, please add me to the dev’s report please !

Would your recommend using “New Blog Template” in the meantime ?

• +ID
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Predrag,

we have the same problem and the same error message:

1. After clicking Clone the Message “You appear to have already installed WordPress. To reinstall please clear your old database tables first” is displayed

2. A new blog is created but empty (no theme activated, no posts, etc.)

WP and all Plugins are up-to-date.

• Adam Czajczyk
      • Support Gorilla

Hello +ID

I hope you’re well today!

Cloner plugin was “set free” some time ago and is no longer actively developed so it’s possible that even despite the fact that it says it’s up to date, the recent updates are not there. The plugin has been published on our GitHub account and some critical updates were pushed there so I’d recommend re-installing the plugin on site, using version downloaded from here:

https://github.com/wpmudev/cloner

If this doesn’t solve the issue, please start your own ticket on our Support Forum regarding this and we’ll include our developers in the case in order to assist you.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.