CLONER: Cloning from Main Site to subdomains

Hi there folks
My multisite network consists of MAIN SITE (toplevel) mydomain.com and 9 subdomains site-1.mydomain.com to site-9.mydomain.com;

I have installed cloner and see that I have "clone" options for every site in the network EXCEPT the main top-level site:
ie I can clone from site-1.mydomain.com to site-2.mydomain.com etc but not from mydomain;

A. What I NEED to do is clone:
1. the theme (I'm using Genesis framework + Child theme);
2. Most plug-ins;
3. Policy pages (Privacy, t&c, copyrights, contact, about etc)

B. Once done, I would like to SELECTIVELY clone some posts to various sites on a site-by-site basis.

Would appreciate some help on working round this...
Many thanks in advance
Regards
Harry

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Harry, I hope you're well today!

Cloner currently doesn't support cloning the main site of a multisite... Your main site is not the same as all other sites. WordPress unfortunately treats that site differently.
    I'm afraid there's no way to clone your main site right now using Cloner. The plugin developer is trying to find a way to make this work but I can't guarantee that this is a feature that we will be able to ultimately implement.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @Harry.

Good news. I'm working on the main site feature. It works but you'll need to manually check those tables that are not network wide fi you don't want to copy too much data. That's the only approach that WordPress, with its actual DB estructure, allows us.

Regards.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.