Cloner copies sites but kills their dashboard - no wp-admin links work on them

Hello,

I installed and network activated Cloner.
I cloned a site (Site ID#2 -- not the main site).
The site cloned and all of the site is there.
However, there is no admin access to anything on the site.

This is true whether I go directly to the new (cloned) site's URLs, or if I try to use the Network Sites page to go to the dashboard.

All of the admin links fail with blank pages:

/wp-admin/
/wp-admin/themes.php
/wp-admin/plugins.php

The wp-login.php page works, but once I login--it's a blank page.

I am logged in as a Network Admin, which also has access to the cloned site's admin (at least it does in the User records for the site).

Seems I don't need to ask, but "How can I get the admin and dashboard available again for cloned sites?"

Chris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Chris,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Is this the sub-domain or sub-folder MultiSite? Would you mind granting me a support access so I could take a closer look at it? You may do this using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin as described here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me also know about which one was the "source" site and which one is a "cloned" site, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• anotheropus

Hello Adam,

I granted Support access in the WPMUDEV Support page on my WPMU.

This is not a subdomain site.

I created a WPMU, and added eleven sites and their domains.

I used the cloner to copy Site ID#2 (source)
    to
    Site ID#3 (clone).

Both sites already existed, and I selected the cloning option "Keep the destination blog title" to NOT overwrite the target clone site URL info.

Thank you for the help.

Chris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Chris!

Thanks for this explanation and granting access.

I checked your site but I'm not even able to try to access any of the sub-sites' dashboard due to the fact they work over mapped domains. I noticed that you're using WordPress Mu Domain Mapping plugin by Donncha o Caoimh and I suppose this may be causing a conflict here as the source <-> target sites are not available under the original addresses.

Let me however please consult Cloner developer first before I jump into conclusions :slight_smile: I already asked him about it and am awaiting replay.

Please note however that his response may take slightly more time than mine here on support forum as he deals with a lot of complex questions on daily basis.

Keep an eye on this thread for further information.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Chris!

I just got a word from the developer so I'm reaching back to you :slight_smile:

Could you please try to un-check the "Redirect administration pages to site's original domain (remote login disabled if this redirect is disabled)" option on "Network admin > Settings > Domain Mapping?"

It's worth checking if this would let you access dashboards of these sites.

Also, you mentioned that there's just a blank page. I understand that there's no error message of any kind, is that right? Please add following line to your "wp-config.php" file and try again and let me know if this returned any errors:

define('WP_DEBUG','true');

Best regards,
    Adam

• anotheropus

Hello Adam,

I unchecked the box "Redirect administration pages to site's original domain," refreshed the server cache and my browser cache and no changes. Still a white page for http://vip-realty.us/wp-admin/

Then when I enabled the debug in the network wp-config, I did get one error but it has nothing to do with the dashboard not being available after cloning a site.

I got an error message about a slider plugin (Slider Revolution Responsive WordPress Plugin).

After I deleted the plugin, the admin page opened up for the cloned site.

To test this fix I cloned another site. In this case, as soon as the cloning operation finished it opened up the new cloned site's dashboard!

I removed the debug and I'm back in business.

So this is working as it should now that the slider is uninstalled.

Thank you for the help.

Chris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.