Cloner dumps me to login screen

Cloner is dumping me out to the login screen and then, after I log back in, the new site doesn't show in network admin/sites. If I go to the new site's URL directly, it's there but its incomplete, and it won't let me log into it (it says I have no privs to the new site).

I've tried twice.

I expect it's a server security setting of some kind but I don't see anything in the logs.

Any thoughts?

• Kenn
    • Flash Drive

Although, now that I think about it... I can create new subsites with no problem. If it were a server-side security setting (such as the webserver user or database user not having adequate rights or file permissions in the site directories) you'd think creating a new site would have the same problem.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Kenn,

I did a couple of tests on your site and the problem with the login screen also shows on newly created sites from the WP Dashboard.
    I created a new site manually - and on an attempt to access dashboard there is login screen that doesn't let me check it.
    If that happens with newly created sites, then Cloner can't override that and will fail. It needs to be "login" into the site to perform cloning.

And there are more things happening - when I try to login to this site (using it's admin credentials, not Super Admin) I'm getting an error:

You attempted to access the "Classy Black and Green" dashboard, but you do not currently have privileges on this site. If you believe you should be able to access the "Classy Black and Green" dashboard, please contact your network administrator.

I thought that it might be an issue with MultiSite Privacy so I tried to change it's settings - but then I realize that I can't - I'm clicking save and settings are back to initial state.

Can you confirm that you have the same issue with creating new sites from WP Dashboard?
    If yes, please run a conflict test conflict test as described in getting support manual E. Plugin Conflict Test
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

(make sure you have a backup before doing any changes!)

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kenn
    • Flash Drive

Just an update...

After your testing, I had a look at wp_blogs:

It seems (still testing this though) that cloner is starting, failing to finish, and then we're left with a half-site that not only doesn't work but also breaks subsequent adds. After your testing last night, I deleted the broken sites manually and added several of my own (both from the back-end and through Pro Sites) and had no problems. I tested Cloner again and got the same results.

I really feel like there's a mystery server config thing going on here. I'm going to keep looking and will update the ticket when I have more info.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.