Cloner – Fantastic Idea, but No Root?

Dear WPMU DEV:

Love the Cloner idea, but, without an option to clone the root (main website), it’s a disappointment. That’s really what I need for three different multisite installations. :wink:

I hope this is something you are presently developing. If so, any chance you might offer a timeline?

Cheers,

Tim

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Hypergolica

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Cloner plugin supports to clone the main/root website. If you just hover over the main site in Network Admin > Sites you will see the clone option, same as other subsites.

Please check the screenshot.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers

Ash

• Hypergolica
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Ashok,

That's great to know. But then what does it mean in the instructions when it says:

"Please note: At this time, you are not able to clone the main site on a Multisite network, you can only clone sub-sites."

See screenshot.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Tim

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Hypergolica

I am sorry that the instruction is not updated. I will let the doc team know about it. Thank you so much for pointing this.

Main Site copying ability was introduced in version 1.2, you can see it in the changelog in the project page. So, current you can copy the main site.

Cheers

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.