Cloner hangs at "preparing your new blog"

I have Cloner installed tonight, after preparing my blog for multisite. So far so good.
Now I tried to clone my site and the site tells me, that my new blog is setting up and I should wait.
And that's it... none of the messages that should appear are coming up.
I let it run for approx. 30 minutes and still nothing. Aborted it afterwards and deleted the site again.
Did I miss something here?
Do I have to select any tables in the advanced options or is it also possible without table cloning?

Michael Bissett

Hey @Christoph, Michael here!

I'd be curious to know what's going on behind the scenes here, could you please replace the following inside your site's wp-config.php:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

With this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors',0);

And try going through the cloning process again? What's showing up in that debug.log file, if anything?

The fact you're not cloning the tables shouldn't be a problem, though I'd advise trying several combinations of cloning, adding in the tables being one of them. You can also adjust which content is to be copied from inside of the Network Dashboard by going to:

Settings -> Cloner

Please advise,
    Michael

Christoph

Hi Michael,

here is the output of the debug log:

[31-Aug-2015 20:52:15 UTC] PHP Notice: Die verwendete Konstruktoren-Methode für WP_Widget ist seit Version 4.3.0 veraltet! Verwende stattdessen

__construct()
    . in /var/www/vhosts/matthaeus-augsburg.de/httpdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3457
    [31-Aug-2015 20:52:23 UTC] PHP Notice: Die verwendete Konstruktoren-Methode für WP_Widget ist seit Version 4.3.0 veraltet! Verwende stattdessen
    __construct()
    . in /var/www/vhosts/matthaeus-augsburg.de/httpdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3457

[31-Aug-2015 20:52:24 UTC] WordPress-Datenbank-Fehler Table 'website.stm_7_options' doesn't exist für Abfrage SELECT option_value FROM stm_7_options WHERE option_name = 'stm_7_user_roles' LIMIT 1 von require_once('wp-admin/network/admin.php'), require_once('wp-admin/admin.php'), do_action('load-index_page_clone_site'), call_user_func_array, WPMUDEV_Cloner_Admin_Clone_Site->sanitize_clone_form, WPMUDEV_Cloner_Admin_Clone_Site->pre_clone_actions, create_empty_blog, switch_to_blog, WP_Roles->reinit, get_option
    [31-Aug-2015 20:52:34 UTC] PHP Notice: Die verwendete Konstruktoren-Methode für WP_Widget ist seit Version 4.3.0 veraltet! Verwende stattdessen

__construct()

Does this help?
    I try to clone with several options in cloner now - maybe that's another way to get through it.

Michael Bissett

Hey @Christoph, my apologies for the delay here!

That database error you mentioned definitely catches my eye, did the site that you were trying to clone have an ID of 7? If you were to try cloning a different site, do you run into the same problem?

If trying to clone a different site doesn't help out here, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch!

Kind Regards,
    Michael