Cloner issue cloning on WP 5.1

After upgrading to WP 5.1, Cloner isn't cloning sites properly when you select the create a new site option.

See the video here for an explanation:

https://www.useloom.com/share/a482171cd51f4601a28812793f955ef7

But works ok when you select the replace site option.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Jeff!

Whoa, that's good debugging info for us! Thank you very much for the effort!

The issue you are facing should fortunately be simple to fix and we are aware of it (and will be including a fix in next release). Until then, please check this response from our Cloner developer. He attached a file that you can use in place of the current one and make Cloner work properly. It's an issue related to PHP version.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cloner-does-not-clone-pages-in-72#post-1378733

Hope that helps!

kind regards,
    Pawel

• Jeff
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

This is a new issue. I had a live chat with one of your reps yesterday. It involves Wordpress 5.1 and the cloner keeps referring to the new 2019 theme.

I shot a video for him yesterday which I have added to the "support access" section of my site. Thanks!

• Pawel
    • Staff

Okay, I see now. Can't replicate, but apparently Vaughan managed to do it. So in this case please let me take a look at how the database looks like from cPanel. There seems to be a problem with copying the contents of the database. I'll need to send some more details about this issue to the development team.

Would you mind sharing the details with me? The old ones I had from earlier don't work anymore.

As usual:

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    NOTE: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Pawel Pela"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

cheers,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Jeff!

Sorry for the delay!

Okay, so I checked your site (I don't have support access anymore btw) and logged in to cPanel. I cPanel I can't see the database for the whole MultiSite - don't know what is the issue here.

As for the issue itself, I'll create a bug report at this point for the Cloner development team. Panos will take a look at the changes in his latest patch and probably provide an updated solution.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi there Jeff !

Apologies for delay. I tried all access info you shared but it was not working. You can try replace file:
    wp-content/plugins/cloner/admin/cloner-admin-clone-site.php
    with the one attached here. Before uploading new file I would strongly recommend to rename existing file to something like cloner-admin-clone-site.php.back, to keep it as a backup.

Please let us know if you still get this issue after replacement.

Kind regards!

• IOKIN
    • New Recruit

Hi, we have wp multiste v5.1.1 installed with PHP 7.2.15 and it continuos dsiplaying the same message "You appear to have already installed WordPress. To reinstall please clear your old database tables first."

Any suggestions?
    When is going to be ready next release?

Thank you very much.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello IOKIN!

Please try this beta version of Cloner that has a fix for this issue. It's still under testing by us, but from what we've seen so far it works well for other members. I'm attaching it here to my reply.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello IOKIN!

Hope you are doing good today!

As for the official release, we're still testing the plugin - we do Quality Assurance tests and fix outstanding issues we discover in the process. Because of this, we can't really give you any release date yet.

That said, the beta I sent you seems to be working very well and is stable - we've shared it with some members to fix the same issue as you've experienced and we didn't receive any feedback about issues with it.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.