Cloner not cloning, Live chat not working

The clone tool is not producing an exact clone.
I have attempted to connect a few times, it says 8 minute but eventually times out with please wait, or simply closes the modal window.
So I though I would pop a ticket in here.
I have enabled support access BTW

• Huberson
    • Recruit

Hello Ben
    I'm made some test and clone 'uk' site to 'ukclone', all 214 products, images, posts and pages seems to be copied over. Also did a quick comparison of both sites front page and shop page, both look identical.

If there's a specific clone where some content are not copied, let us know what is not replicated and point us to that site. As well as the original site it's cloned from so we can check there.

About the issue with connecting to support, you can try different browser see if that resolves the problem. Also check with browser extensions disabled.

Regards,
    Huberson

• Ben
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

G'day
    Thanks for having a look.
    The new site you created 'UKClone' has the same issue as the others, the menu is different - Colour wise. Maybe other differences I havent found yet either but thats the obvious one.
    The AU is the original site, with working menu CSS, all others are clones of AU.
    Cheers
    Ben

• Ben
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Actually I can see the menu is not functional at all.
    It is possible that some change in naming of an element during cloning or from an element with appended (and incremented during clone?) databaseID or similar has lead to styles and or javascript look for incorrect names in the DOM. Clutching at straws a little bit here won't be surprised if it has nothing to do wiht the cloner:wink:

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Ben,

It looks like Cloner has some issues with Mega Menu plugin settings and it's not cloning those. I have tested that on my site and got the same result - Mega Menu was not cloned.
    I will create a task for our Second Line Support developers to invest this issue and see if there is any way to make this work.
    We will let you know about the solution.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ben
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Guys
    We are looking to go live in the next few days and it will hinge on being able to clone our main site to individual child sites. May I ask if a solution to the cloning failing for megamenu settings is imminent or if I should be looking for an alternative solution in the short term?
    Best Regards
    Ben

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Ben ,

As Kasia mentioned Cloner doesn't integrate with MegaMenu very well. Cloner inserts the new menu items and they may have different ids. Megamenu has already placed menu item ids in meta and options tables which are not the same with the new menu items' ids. I have tried to see if there is an easy way (by re-mapping ids), but when the menu is very complex it would still have issues with the widgets.

So for now I don't see any easy way for this. I'll add it as a feature request so there might be an integration in a future release.

Kind regards!

• Ben
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have a temporary solution, provided by my web developer, not a nice one as a bit tricky on the database side but luckily I have a great developer who looked into the issue and worked out a down and dirty fix to get me through!! (Leet Digital in AUS, if I'm allowed to plug them here - delete that if I'm not.)

The fix for me, not that I expect that there will be many people with this exact problem - just that it frustrates me no end to see support tickets closed off with 'don't worry It works now' and no actual explanation of the method.

Database:
    Recreate megamenu database entries on newly cloned child site based on those of the working template site, updating site ids and keys between records.
    Cannot elaborate much more as its very megamenu setup specific

CSS:
    Copy css
    from /wp-content/uploads/maxmegamenu/style.css (template site)
    to /wp-content/uploads/sites/2/maxmegamenu/style.css (cloned site)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.