Cloner not working on site

I would like to request the addition of an apply_filter around variable that will allow me to clean the DB response before cloner runs, otherwise the plugin breaks under my architecture.

MNSweet

Howdy,
    Overview:
    I'm working on a large scale multi-environment, multi-site system that uses the Cloner tool to spin up new WordPress sites, on demand when needed. As my team moves closer to a more automated solution to new sites we have identified and issue with the cloning process that conflicts with other scripts that run on the sites prior to cloning.

Request: (as of v. 1.7.7)
    File: cloner/copier/class.copier-attachment.php
    Line: 275
    Current: $_post = (array)$post;
    Change: $_post = apply_filters('wpmudev_copier_attachmen_post_pre',(array)$post);

Resolution:
    This will let us sanitize the post_content prior to the preg_match_all that is performed on the following line. Currently, the use of get_shortcode_regex fails as we place url related shortcodes within other third party shortcodes to hand the url root changing from environment to environment.

Rupok

Hi MNSweet,

Thanks a lot for this suggestion. I'm moving this thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking this idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this in our future releases.

I would be glad to do this for you right now if this could be done in 5 - 10 minutes but I'm afraid, this will take much more than that. And as this requirement is specific to your setup, this falls in the custom development category and you might need to hire a developer for doing custom jobs like this. You can get more details about our support vs. custom development policy from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/

However, you can always hire a developer from our Jobs Section. Please keep in mind, developers found in our Jobs Section are not associated with us in any way. So communicate with them well before you make any payments to them.

Please let us know if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok