Cloner option not showing in "sites"

"Clone" option not showing on "Sites" -- upon mouseover only options are Edit, Dashboard, Visit

As you can see from Capture2, Cloner is installed and network activated.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @shareitfitness,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of Cloner plugin and it is displaying clone option for sub sites.

It only displays clone option for sub sites.

Do you have any sub sites?

Are you not getting clone option for sub sites?

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @shareitfitness,

Thank you for your reply.

Currently the Cloner plugin doesn't clone root/main site.

I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• shareitfitness
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm not sure why you wouldn't include this functionality -- why would the root/main site be any less important, especially since you pitch this plugin as a way to create a staging/test server? What differs b/t the main root site and sub-sites that it isn't an easy update to allow one to clone that as well?

Unfortunately this is not clear in the plugin description (i.e. - "Cloner will copy any WordPress site on your Multisite network and move it to another URL with a click."

If the functionality cannot be added quickly to the plugin, I would like to request a refund for a misleading plugin description.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

The reason it will not clone the main site, is because it's a bit more complex to code. There are more options & tables for the main site than for the subsites, and different options and settings due to the network settings and so on. The developers are currently working on this and trying to sort through which tables & options need to be discarded & so on, but it requires more complex SQL queries to make that happen, hopefully a solution will be found soon, but until then it's just not possible.

I'll ask the docs team to add a note to the docs to make this clearer.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.