Cloner plugin cloned site returns cannot be found after being created by cloning

I just downloaded and installed the cloner plugin and after cloning a site when I try to visit it or its dashboard it doesn't load.

• Jude

Howdy @marcus

I think this is caused by some sort of cache interfering. Please check your htaccess for any cache related rules.

Are you getting any errors on the console ?
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors

It could be a conflict of some sort too, can you try a plugin conflict test as detailed here ? Please use a default theme when doing this

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Cheers
    Jude

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello marcus,

Are you cloning site to exiting one or you create new one with clone? Does it work when you create subsites manually?
    Also I noticed that you are using old version of the Cloner - could you update it?
    If you don't mind me checking your site please grant support access. You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• marcus

Hey guys,

Sorry got tied up on other projects finally returned to this just a day or two ago... and got some of the issues resolved. Initial issue was that the wildcard subdomain DNS was not yet setup on Hostgator and .htaccess needed to be setup correctly.

Those are both resolved, now I am having some weird issue wherein I can clone one site - the first message it says during the cloning loader is "An error has occurred", then it continues cloning the site. Once the site is cloned I can't clone anymore sites for some reason without getting a "site not found".

If I delete the cloned site it will let me add a new site OR clone a site. But, once I have one additional site I get site not found on any more sites I make.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
    - Marcus

• Michael Bissett

Hey @marcus, Michael here! :slight_smile:

Just be to sure (as I hadn't seen this mentioned), have you done a conflict test yet, like what was advised before? (disabling the plugins on the network, as well as switching the theme for the main site to a default theme like Twenty Fifteen)

If you have, then may I ask what site on the network is being cloned? Are you trying to clone the main site, or a subsite? Does this happen when a specific subsite is cloned, or does this occur with any of them?

If you're still running into issues after doing the conflict test, and if this happens if any site on the network is cloned, then could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.