Cloner Plugin Doesn't Work on subsite of multisite www.xxx.xxx

We have a multisite Wordpress and are trying to use the Cloner plugin to copy sites. It works great on our dev site which is dev.gsu.edu, but when we try to clone a site on our production, http://www.gsu.edu, we encounter issues. We are trying to copy a site xxxx.gsu.edu to beta.xxxx.gsu.edu. It creates the new site, but them gives an error when it tries to start copying data. It appears to be trying to make the new site beta.xxx.www.gsu.edu and then it can't find it to copy. Is there a setting we are missing to make this work?

Thanks

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey cbenson583,

Hope you're doing well today!

When setting up Multisite it's actually recommended that you remove www from the url as it can cause conflicts such as this. However, I'm going to flag our developer here to see if we can provide a fix as I'm sure this will affect other members as well.

Developers can sometimes take a little longer to reply back as they have a lot of dev responsibilities. In the meantime, let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @cbenson583

Attached to this post there's a zipped file. Please, unzip it and replace the current wp-content/plugins/cloner/admin/cloner-admin-clone-site.php.

Remember to make a DB backup if you're in a production site, just in case.

If everything works, let me know and I'll add the code to the next version.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.