Cloner Plugin is Not Migrating Content

When I use the cloner on my site all that happens is that it creates a new site with the default wordpress theme (mine is Divi) and none of the content gets migrated over. I have found a work around of exporting the xml and importing the xml but this is a hassle and a pain. Any support that your team can give is very welcome and appreciated, thank you for your time.

• Rupok

Hi RevTrak, hope you had a wonderful day.

I tried to regenerate the issue on my test site but I could not. Cloner is perfectly copying everything - posts, pages, attached images, menus, active theme etc. So this is not a bug, rather there is something on your site which is causing this.

Can you please do couple of tests to find out the reason behind this? At first, can you activate any default WordPress theme and then try to clone? If it works, then issue is with Divi. I tried with Upfront theme, a very complex and powerful framework. It worked with that. So Divi should not be an issue but still we need to confirm.

Then can you do a plugin conflict test just to make sure no other plugin is causing this? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this article: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If you still can't find out the reason behind this, would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi RevTrak,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I tried to clone your main site 'elementary.yourdomain.com', with a test subsite 'testab', and it seems to migrate the content to 'testab'. Only difference what I did notice was that the categories are missing, it may have been a glitch while cloning, since it's only 3 categories you can either add those, or you'll have to create a new clone from start. Other than than the Divi theme options, and pages seems to be intact. Could you please point out, whether the new subsite is missing out any post content, so that we could work on those.

Please advise if I'm missing anything, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.