Cloner plugin questions

It says its for use with multisite and we can export the whole or parts of a site. Its just not very clear on some things. Does this mean i can create a multisite and use that as my staging environment and then this plugin will allow me to export that finished site to a different domain so lets say i have my main Multisite installed at gerald.com and i have a staged site called staged1 that is part of that network. I can export this to stagedsitesdomainname.com and it will work? Because thats pretty amazing if that is true and it sets up a an entire new way to develop for wordpress, or am I just stupid and not understanding. What i want to do is develop sites and not have to spend an hour and a half reconnecting paths and find-replacing paths in the DB.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Gerald,

Does this mean i can create a multisite and use that as my staging environment and then this plugin will allow me to export that finished site to a different domain so lets say i have my main Multisite installed at gerald.com and i have a staged site called staged1 that is part of that network. I can export this to stagedsitesdomainname.com and it will work?

I'm not sure if we are on the same page here, but if I'm understanding your question correctly then unfortunate answer is no.
    Cloner works only in one network - you cannot export sites to other networs or migrates to another domain with it.
    When we wrote about staging site it is about example scenario - you want to change your main site in network, so you clone it to subsite, make all the changes and when work is done, you clone it back to main site.
    That also works for subsites - you can clone them to new subsites or clone to exiting ones.
    But all of this is in one Multisite installation.

Hope this answer your questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.