Cloner Plugin Tables

Using Cloner plugin. I wish to make an exact copy of an existing live site to a subsite (Multisite setup). Then work on it and clone this version back to the live site.

Plugin asks what tables I wish to copy over. If I copy none and then clone back, have I "lost" these tables? If I do select all of them and clone back will I now end up with 2 versions of the tables? Need more guidance around this when using the plugin as it is scary for us non techys..

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Elektraman,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

If you clone your main site without any tables then it will clone the data you have selected under Settings > Cloner in your network admin section.

When you make the changes on cloned site it will save the data in their own tables and if you clone it back in place of main site it will overwrite the current setup and tables of your main site and you will end up with an exact copy of the cloned site.

If you however clone it back to main site without any tables selected you will still get the same exact copy of the cloned site but your tables will stay intact on main site.

For example, let's say you have X plugin active on main site and you don't have that plugin on cloned site, when you clone the site back to main site without any tables you will end up with X plugin deactivated on main site but if you activate it it will still have it's own settings as cloning didn't overwrite/removed that.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.