cloner plugin without wpmudev dashboard?

Can I install your cloner plugin without installing your wpmudev dashboard?

• faydra_deon

You can install the plugin without having WPMUDev Dashboard installed, but once you activate Cloner you'll start seeing a message telling you that you should install the WPMUDev Dashboard so you can easily update the plugin.

You'll need your API Key associated with the Cloner plugin in order to keep it updated, unless you plan to do every update manually every time they have one.

I actually just did this with the Snapshot plugin on a demo site I set up, and got the message when I loaded an older version of Snapshot. I went in through FTP and updated the plugin to the latest version, and I'm still seeing the message that I need to install the WPMUDev Dashboard to update the plugin to the newest version.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Curtis,

Hope you're doing well today and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

Yes, as Faydra kindly mentioned above, you can install it manually. You can download the plugin file from the product page here after logging into our site: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/cloner/

You will see the "Dwonload Plugin 1.7.1" link there beside the Install button.

We do recommend that you have the WPMU DEV Dashboard though as it ensures your plugins are kept up to date. It also makes sure there is no conflicts with wp.org updates. Sometimes there might be a plugin with the same folder name in the wp.org repository and that can cause a false update with one of our plugins, which would actually end up giving you a completely different plugin. Our Dashboard makes sure that doesn't happen.

If you have any further questions just let us know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tylere

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.