Cloner site not copying everything

I’m trying to clone a site but after cloning, not all data is copied. No CPTs (using CustomPress) and no custom taxonomies come over. I’ve checked all the options in the settings. What can I do to do a full, clean clone with this tool?

  • Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

    Hello sjfc_sites ,

    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

    Could you please first make a basic troublshooting by temporarily deactivating other plugins and switching back to default WordPress theme (e.g. TwentyFifteen). You can also find more details on getting support manual (see flow chart).

    If it does not turn out to be a conflict, then please enable support staff access so I could further investigate this issue. I will also downlod the archive and try to import on my localhost (offline – my computer only) website.

    To grant access go to Dashboard -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

    Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

    Best Regards,

    Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

  • Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

    Hello sjfc_sites :slight_smile:

    Thanks for enabling support staff access. I can’t see any custom post items on your main. Could you please tell me from what site to what site you are trying to copy the content ?

    Also, what specific custom post type failing ?

    Also, did you run a plugin/theme conflict test ? (this is importnat)

    Best Regards,

    Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

  • sjfc_sites
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    There are 4 CPTs in the main site – see the attached image. You have to go into the main site, then into CustomPress to see the CPTs, it's setup so that they're the same across all sites. I deactived all plugins except Custom Press and cloner when I tried to run the last clone. I will run the plugin conflict test now.

  • Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

    Hello sjfc_sites :slight_smile:

    I went ahead and tried to clone the “template” subsite with a new subsite called “wpmudevclonetest”. It copied all courses but did not copy content items of other three custom post types.

    Did you made a plugin conflict test yet ? If yes then what is the result. Same issue ?

    Also, it seems the memory limit is exhausting or maximum execution time is running out. But we need to check error log for exact issue. Please open error log and see if you can find related to this one.

    If its memory limit or execution time then you can increase by following this blog post.

    Before making the changes, note down the existing memory limit and execution time in WPMU DEV -> Support -> System Info -> PHP, so you could compare those later to make sure the changes are actually take effect.

    If that fails, then try alternate method of cloning site using Snapshot Pro plugin. It can clone everythingn from one subsite to another.

    Best Regards,

    Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.