Cloner takin' it's time

So I'm guessing Cloner doesn't work with all themes? It's taking hours to clone just one subsite. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Derek

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Derek,

There should not be problem with themes and Cloner - what can slow down Cloner is lots of images to copy (big images).
    When you clone site it shows progress - can you see what element is problematic?
    Also that might be problem with low memory limits - so you would want to check if increasing them will help https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

If that will not help it is possible that this is some type of conflict. Then try cloning subsite with plugins disabled and default WordPress theme like 2016. See if this will change anything with cloning time.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Derek
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, well it works when switching themes to 2016! My theme comes with Rev Slider which is causing the issue -

now check out the error: http://staging.razorgulf.com/rest2/wp-admin/

I am able to get back into the site by commenting out line 14 in functions.class.php but then when we reactivate rev slider it throws an error on the homepage "slider not initiated"
    We even tried deleting rev slider from whole network and reactivating, but back to same problem.

Is there anyway I can grant support to my server for one of you super geniuses to help? that would be really appreciated. please let me know...and sorry, I know this thread is now changing topic

thanks again!
    Derek

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Derek,

Terribly sorry for the delay, could you please grant support access, so that we could give a closer look, at this issue. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Derek,

I got copy of revolution slider and I was able to replicate the same issue with it and Cloner. Even when all the tabled for revolution slider are copied it's throwing that error.
    One workaround I found was to not copy its tables at all and use export/import feature inside RevSlider.
    I'm marking this as bug so developer will check that closer and provide better solution for that problem.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Derek

Thanks Kasia! I tried importing a slider too and a bunch of different options, but it's not displaying the slider the way we want.

I know this isn't a priority for dev, but did you have any idea when we should check on this? We can migrate the site manually in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Derek

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Derek,

I know this isn't a priority for dev, but did you have any idea when we should check on this? We can migrate the site manually in the meantime.

Sorry to know that the workaround didn't help much in making the slider display the way you want. I could notice that a bug report has already being created, and developers have been assigned to it. At the moment, I'm afraid, I don't have an exact ETA on when a patch regarding this bug will be issued. Will definitely keep you updated, once we have a fix.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Derek

Hi guys,
    We just weren't too sure what you meant on that workaround - are you suggesting deleting all the rev slider db tables? We just don't want to mess anything up on any other sub site obviously.

Thanks again to you both.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Derek,

We just weren't too sure what you meant on that workaround - are you suggesting deleting all the rev slider db tables?

No, we haven't suggested that - only that you don't copy them with cloner to your new subsite. When you clone main site to subsite at the bottom of clone settings screens there are custom tables that can be copied. There will be Rev slider table there - so don't copy them there.
    Have your tried that and then use import export feature in Rev slider?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.