Cloner unable to copy woocommerce products

Hi - I'm trying to use the Cloner plugin to copy the site with about 9000 woocommerce products. The cloner run for about 6 minutes and the new site was created, all other pages and posts, menu, etc were copied but none of the products get copied over. I already checked and enabled the Cloner's setting to copy custom post type.

Not sure if it matters, but one thing to note is from my source site, all products were "out of stock" (stock = 0).

Can someone let me know what could be causing this issue?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your question.

I've just tested this with 1 WooCommerce product and it works as expected for me. Copies the product over. So I'm thinking this has to do with the amount of products you have and that the server is timing out before it can complete that post type so nothing gets brought over for it.

What is your max time out set at? Try increasing your time out and php memory.

Add this to your php.ini file:

max_execution_time = 600 // increases timeout to 10 minutes
    memory_limit = 512M

Let us know if that works. If it's still not working could you grant support access for us via the WPMU DEV Dashboard? :slight_smile:

You can do this from your admin: WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. If you want to grant support access and you don't have our dashboard installed, you can download the plugin here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

• Tyler Postle

Hey Chris, no problem - glad that worked! It's all the products that's making it take so long here. What you could do, is not include the products table in your clone - export them separately and then import them into the site once it's already cloned. That way the cloning should go quite quickly, and you can do it in two separate steps. This plugin here could help: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-csvimport/

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler