Cloning Main site to subsite in Multisite

Hi

I used the clone plugin to clone my main site to subsite....but its giving errors....my database perhaps was not copied entirely. I don't know why?

Regards

Omar

• omarhk

Here is what happened....
    1) I tried cloning my main site to a subsite using cloner....all copied but many settings and custom post types did not.

2) Read forums which suggested using Snapshot Pro and try restoring backup of main site on subsite.

3) When taking snapshot of the main site, the process got stuck at 6% of the media files stage and the complete WP-multisite became unresponsive giving a 500 error.

4) Tried disabling snapshot pro but no joy.

Need help now!

Omar

• Dimitris

Hey there omarhk,

I hope you're doing good today and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

4) Tried disabling snapshot pro but no joy.

How did you try to deactivate this? You can always access your server via FTP and delete the /wp-content/plugins/snapshot folder.

If this doesn't make your site accessible again, please access your server via FTP again, edit the wp-config.php file this time, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /*That’s it! Stop editing… */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by accessing a page that gives you a 500 error. By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply in order to examine it and get to the bottom of this. :wink:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris