Cloning My Branding, wpmudev pluggins & themes when not using multisite

I see that the ultimate branding is not just a MU plugin. I went through and branded the 5 or 6 items that are in the video. So my question is how do get this branding in the admin panels of other stand alone wp installs. I have CMS Commander which can clone. So for this particular plugin, ultimate branding, I want my updated login image & background image, custom admin bar, footer content, custom css & admin message to be on all my stand alone wp installs. how do i accomplish this? Thanks so much!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Todd,

I hope you're well today and thanks for your question!

I'm not familiar with nuances of CMS Commander usage, so I won't be able to guide you through but I'm pretty sure that if it is capable of cloning plugins it can also clone plugin settings. Despite that you may try to clone Ultimate Branding plugin settings manually by copying the appropriate data from database. That said, please remember that playing with database directly is always a good way to mess-up an entire install and the copy might not be that easy to do. I suppose it's a great idea to create a module for export/import of the settings, so you may want to post a request in our "Features and Feedback" forum and hopefully some other members will vote for it!

Regards,
    Adam

• Todd

Sort of confused. I can see why the Ultimate Branding is a mu plugin, that makes sense. But it's also listed for a stand alone plugin. I've set extensive branding in my admin panel that plugin allows but I don't really need that branding within my own wp admin but I want it to appear in my clients admin panel . How can this branding be extensible or copied to individual client wp installs that I manage?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Todd,

I hope you're having a good day!

I do fully understand your point of view but, as I mentioned, there's no any import/export feature yet. I'm moving this thread to our "Features and feedback" forum for developer's consideration, because I can see how handy such a feature would be.

As for now, unfortunately you'll probably have to setup all the branding for each customer separately, directly on his/her site. In case of some plugins it's enough to simply export and then import some tables from the database but in case of Ultimate Branding there are also CSS rules (custom stylesheets), images and so on. It's a bit hard to point exactly those items that you should move to the customer's site to copy the branding. Due to the nature of this plugin's job this would be different things on different sites - depending on the particular branding.

That being said, I do really believe that some other members of our community will support the idea of an import/export feature for Ultimate Branding. I'll also mention it to the developer of the plugin, so hopefully it will appear in one of future releases, though I cannot give you any ETA on this.

Regards,
    Adam