Cloning/duplication question...

I've had great success with this plug in so far and I'm going to be needing to duplicate to a new WPMU install. I realize that this plugin was built for duplication on one install, but is there any advice or tips anyone could share on how to duplicate from one install to another?

I know how to copy databases and import via myphpadmin, but that doesn't change all the links like this wonderful plugin does.

Any thoughts?

James

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi James,

A strict database copy definitely should keep links intact and in fact, that's one of the reasons why plugins like PluginBuddy and numerous other site backup/copy plugins work so well, because they clone the database.

That said, the built in WordPress Import/Export tool can help you to copy all the contents of one site into another site. It doesn't export plugin/theme/site settings though, just content essentially.

PluginBuddy (and perhaps other site cloning tools like it) does have a migration option, letting you copy the database from one site to another essentially.

Perhaps something like that would work in your case?

-David

• jnholt3
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the quick replies, gents.

David, I think I got a little sloppy with my first post. My issue is copying/importing databases brings the copied domain's links, etc. The domain that would be imported to would be different than the original. So the new domain would look/feel similar, but all the links would be linking back to the original (copied) domain.

That's why the plug in from you guys is so great because it changes all the internal linking to the new domain.

Sorry for the confusion,
    James

PS. I'm not familiar with PluginBuddy, so I'll definitely look into that. Thanks!

• nelnehal
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hello

i have check out all the cloning solutions, non exists to move one subsite to another installation.

wpmanage.com dint work
    duplicator copied the whole multisite
    wp twin copied the whole multisite.

i t would be super cool to have a way we can move around subsites outside the multisite in stallion.
    there are so many benefits of this, one of which is change of ownership, transfer of sites is much more easier. it would save so much time. it would also give the site as was when moved over.

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hi James,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers, James

p.s. @nelnehal great suggestion, thanks.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@nelnehal just thought to mention, BackupBuddy has a beta version that is apparently Multisite compatible. It's rather new still and I'm not sure what degree of backups it provides in a Multisite environment, but they do have a beta on it.

Cheers,
    David

• joaobrasileiro
    • New Recruit

Olá, gostaria de saber se existe algum plugin o qual eu possa duplicar um site em multisite, sendo assim, criei um blog pré configurado e quero que todos os que criarem seu blog tenha o mesmo do site padrão, plugin, temas, post, paginas...

estive a compra os plugins aqui e não encontrei algo que me faça isso, pode me dar uma dica?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.