Hi, One of the Trustees on the Board of the museum I support with our WP site couldn't find any of the material he submitted and I posted into several wikis. When I did a search using his name, the author of the material, I got an error message that I had never sen before. It originated from Cloudflare. I called Cloudflare and was told that WP is built on top of Cloudflare and I should contact you for support.
Here is some pertinent info:
NOTE: the problems occur on the front end, what the user sees, not the back end (from the dashboard).
1. I use the default WP search as we had problems with Google search
2. I don't know exactly when this error started, but it is very recent - definitely within the past month or two.
3. In attempting to do a search, one of three things occurs:
- I get an error message originating from Cloudflare
- Instead of going to the relevant page from a search, it goes back to the home page
- sometimes, with low frequency, I actually get search results
4. I have not added any NEW plugins or themes in the past few months (since before this problem started occurring).
5. I update plugins, themes and WP as they have an update, in other words, almost daily.
6. I have searched my site using cpanel and I have absolutely no instances of either 'cloudflare.com' or the word cloudflare within my site, but I get a cloudflare originated error when doing a search.
7. We do not use cloudflare. This error results from WP being built on top of cloudflare (per the cloudflare tech I spoke to at their HQ).
I am enabling support access, but you can reproduce the problems by just going to http://www.skydiving-encyclopedia.com, click Table of Contents, choose a topic, then use the search box.
Mary Todd, SysAdmin/Developer
a project of the International Skydiving Museum and Hall of Fame