Code Request: Adding "placeholder" elements to the built sign up page

In the file: pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/View/Front/Registration.php

Could you change line 138 from:

$content .= '<input name="user_name" type="text" id="user_name" value="' . esc_attr( $user_name ) . '" maxlength="60" />';

to

$content .= '<input name="user_name" type="text" id="user_name" value="' . esc_attr( $user_name ) . '" maxlength="60" placeholder="User Name" />';

And could you change line 147:

$content .= '<input name="user_email" type="email" id="user_email" value="' . esc_attr($user_email) . '" maxlength="200" /><br />';

to

$content .= '<input name="user_email" type="email" id="user_email" value="' . esc_attr($user_email) . '" maxlength="200" placeholder="E-Mail Address" /><br />';

Thanks!

• Milan

Hello @Ben,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for suggesting us.

The code you've requested is simply adding placeholder text but by default pro sites adds label before each registration field so placeholder is not that much important. However I am moving this thread to feature and feedback category so that other member can also show their support for this. Apart from this, If you ever want to add extra fields to registration form you can use below sample code snippet,

add_action( 'signup_extra_fields', 'add_extra_signup_fields' );
    function add_extra_signup_fields(){
    	?>

<div class="mobile">

<input type="number" name="mobile" />

</div>

<?php
    }

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers.

• Ben

Good point, actually already doing that in the normal sign up.

However this pertains to the special "Pro-Sites" sign up which supersedes the normal wordpress sign up.

Please give a try to see what I'm talking about. I'm wanting to better stylize the page as it looks like junk. Part of my minimized styling so that its easier to read would be if there was placeholders. At the min the elements could contain placeholder=" " and then they could be manipulated easier. I am modifying the code myself however I think this is something that should be available for everybody and I don't wish to re-modify the code on each update.

To activate it the "pro-sites" sign up, you have to go to the setting page of the new pro-sites.

Test it out.