Coding Line Warning Error in footer.php file

Hi there,

I was hoping someone could help me with this.
On this page: http://careplushealth.org/sign-up-now/
There is a coding error that is showing up on the very bottom. I'm not sure how to get rid of this but I figured it would be smart to ask for your help rather than me making a mistake and messing this up. I know where the file is but just don't know what to do to fix this issue.

Right now this is only a one page website, but as I've noticed with any other page that I have made when experimenting or anything, the error is always at the bottom of that footer. I would like to get rid of this.

On another note, the only reason I'm having to make this secondary form page right now is for a quick fix. The 'Sign up Now' button at the top of the main page (http://careplushealth.org/) is supposed to lead to a form that pops up. That function has stopped working and I've played around for more than 2 hours trying to fix it. My solution - make a new page only containing the form and just lead to that for now until I can really figure this out. My question would be, what do you think the best way is to get a form to pop up on the page instead of having to go to a new url?

Let me know when you can please. The most important thing is to get rid of that code and then secondly, if you know of a good solution to my form popping up issue, that would be great.

Thank You!

- Mark

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Mark,

Error you see means that there are two variables in printf function that should be replaced with the values, but there is only one value for this function. This should fix the error:

<p id="footer-info">Copyright 2016 CarePlus Health <?php printf( __( 'Designed by %1$s | Powered by %2$s', 'Divi' ), 'First value', 'Second value'); ?></p>

change 'First value', 'Second value' to your desired values.

My question would be, what do you think the best way is to get a form to pop up on the page instead of having to go to a new url?

Can you get back to function that was opening popup there and stopped working? There could be some JS script issue but I would need see this in action :slight_smile:.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• M Hipsh

Ok nice, I understand, thank you, that coding error is gone now.

I was using the 'Popup Maker' plugin for this form originally. I created the form as a module from the divi theme - I made the module 'global' so I can use it elsewhere (such as the 'sign up now' page that I'm using now). Within the popup maker, I plugged in the shortcode from this module form named 'home-cta,' and that had been working.

Recently, I noticed the popup maker had an update, and the popup wasn't working on the page anymore. I updated the popup maker plugin, tried re-setting this up, but just couldn't get it to function at all. That's what I know. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Mark,

Recently, I noticed the popup maker had an update, and the popup wasn't working on the page anymore. I updated the popup maker plugin, tried re-setting this up, but just couldn't get it to function at all. That's what I know. Let me know what you think.

It would help if I could see this somewhere working (or not working) becuase then I can check the browser console and look for errors. JS error from other plugin or theme can break other scripts.

Maybe you could consider using our popup plugin instead? https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/the-pop-over-plugin/ it also has add-on to open popups on click on buttons or links.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• M Hipsh

Hey there,

I wish I could find a place where this was working.. but it's not anymore so I unfortunately don't have that functioning script. Oh well.

Good idea in using your pop-up plugin - sounds good to me - but as I'm looking at it now, is there a way to set it up to only open when a certain button/link is clicked on? I don't see an option for that. I don't just want it to pop up randomly. Either way, this doesn't seem like it should be so difficult to figure this out. I'm open to anything you suggest.

I just want to have a form pop up when a button is clicked.

What do you think?

Thank You,

- Mark

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Mark,

PopUp Pro does have option to open popup on click on button. In Popup Pro -> Settings enable add-on "JavaScript Events".

Then in your popup find option " Appear when user clicks on a CSS selector"

then insert there your button selector .et_pb_promo_button (if you can add id for that button, then its better to use ID) - and from now on your popup will shown only when someone will click on that button.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.