coding question

So... beginner question, I may just be blind tonight but I cant find this in the wordpress codex which is where I do most my learnin.... but if I were to want to put a login/logout/register type bar across the top of my site how would I go about doing that... even the command and I can search for it in the codex I just dont know where to find it.

• LCDist

ok more to that question.... Ive found and messed with a nice javascript login and I like the look... and I wont even pretend to understand eveyrthing going on in the following code but its not workin lol...

Any idea whats goin wrong here?

<form name="registerform" id="registerform" action="<?php echo site_url('wp-login.php?action=register', 'login_post') ?>" method="post">
    					<h1>Not a member yet? Sign Up!</h1>
    					<label class="grey" for="user_login"><?php _e('Username') ?></label>
    					<input class="field" type="text" name="user_login" id="user_login" class="input" value="<?php echo attribute_escape(stripslashes($user_login)); ?>" size="20" tabindex="10" />
    					<label class="grey" for="user_email"><?php _e('E-mail') ?></label>
    					<input class="field" type="text" name="user_email" id="user_email" class="input" value="<?php echo attribute_escape(stripslashes($user_email)); ?>" size="25" tabindex="20" />
    					<?php do_action('register_form'); ?>
    					<label id="reg_passmail"><?php _e('A password will be e-mailed to you.') ?></label>
    					<input type="submit" name="wp-submit" id="wp-submit" value="<?php _e('Register'); ?>" class="bt_register" />
    				</form>

I see the boxes to enter info... but no submit button or no description on what the boxes are...

and to add a lil more to that, any idea how to add a password field for this to go with the set password at registration plugin on here?

Suppose I also have to get it working with prosites too... ugh lol

Sorry for the million questions but ya :slight_smile: it really looks cool if I can get it to work

ezeshops.com to see whats wrong.

• Philip John

Hiya!

That code definitely includes labels for the fields so I suspect your theme may be hiding them - try it in the default theme and see what you get.

I'm unfamiliar with the registration process programmatically as I've never looked into. However, there are tons of registration-based plugins (such as login/register widgets) that you could either look at using or even modifying to suit your needs.

Phil

• LCDist

For some odd reason my div on the right wont show it but the rest will... for now I just moved my headers over to the right and the login and registration over to the left...

I went through line by line and dont see it so Ill worry about it after my site is operational... that's when I have my first overhaul of my code scheduled lol till then as long as it works, Ill try to shut up and be happy...

As for integrating with prosites and the passwords, well prosites dosnet take integration when I got to lookin at a registration pages code... as for the password plugin, thats on a back burner now too since Id have to change the login script I have now significantly and I dont have time for it yet.... like I said getting all the pieces working then Ill fine tune some parts.

Whats your opinion though you think it looks good on my site or is it too much having the drop down login screen? Ill tweak the coloring of course to go with my color scheme better but you get the idea.

Also on the 3 featured boxes ... I was thinkin of doing a plan comparison but am running dry on ideas for the other 2 boxes lol... I was considering in 1 trying to get like godaddys reseller domain name packages but still for the last box I have no good ideas.... youve been around websites for awhile... any ideas for those boxes that would go well?

My 'goal' is to be fully operational dec 1 so sorry if I have been bombarding you guys with questions lately just tryin to push through this project

ezeshops.com was my url again if you wanted to take a look... most my features buttons are operational but only marketplace info is done... support framework is up but no content and about forums and such havent been touched... so busy busy lol.

• Philip John

is it too much having the drop down login screen?

No, I think that looks quite cool.

any ideas for those boxes that would go well?

You really need to put yourself in the shoes of your customer and think about what info you'd be looking for. That'll tell you what to put there. If you can't think of anything, you should re-think your design.

It's easy to think about technology but more important to work out what your (potential) customer wants and needs first...

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.