Collect Additional Customer Fields in MarketPress

So it would be nice if I could somehow customize the check out fields that customers fill out at the time of check out. Can you show me what files I have to edit to achieve that? The nice thing about wp-eCommerce is that this is possible by going to their back end and setting the custom fields there, never had to touch a bit of code to get the results I wanted. If there is any way I can get that done I'd really appreciate guidance!

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings atlanteavila,

It appears to me that a good place to add in the custom form to get the additional information would be logged in as site administrator go to --> Products --> Store Settings --> Messages tab and insert form coding in the place you want to capture it. i.e. Shopping Cart Page, Shipping Form Page

Please advise if you are able to implement this using the information given above.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• atlanteavila

Isn't there a php file that contains the form fields? I've tried to modify marketpress.php but none of those form fields updates that form. I have searched every file and I seriously can't figure out which file contains the form fields in the shipping information. Also, if I were to add the form fields in the said location, what file do I post them to? Any php file that I upload to process that information? Thanks for the reply but not the exact answer I was looking for. What I really want to know is: what file contains the "Shipping Information" found after you click the checkout button?

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings atlanteavila,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• atlanteavila

Okay I'm back and sorry I broke my finger and was out for some time, but now I'm ready to resume my project. So I'm still lost--I have no idea why I can't find the "shipping information" form. Every form I try to modify does not update in this section. Can you please provide me a specific file where the shipping information form is and where it is posting to?

What I'm trying to do is sell tickets to a marriage preparation program and I need to collect The Groom and Bride's name, their wedding date and the location of their wedding. Any way you can think of adding these fields would be greatly appreciated! The url to the testing site is http://www.drummerboyhosting.com/stocktonee/weekends/

Please help! This is driving me crazy I see a form in marketpress.php with an id of mp-shipping-form and when I update that form it doesn't do a thing on shipping form. But when I view the source page the form on the Shipping Information page has an id of mp_shipping_form and I can't find that anywhere!! CRAZY!!!

Thanks for the help!

• aecnu

Greetings atlanteavila,

Sorry for the delay in a reply here. I see that you bumped your own ticket which in fact in our ticket system it sees it as a reply and not only moves it down the que but changes it's aging time as well.

The answer I believe has to be marketpress-shipping.php which is in the /wp-contents/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/ folder.

Did you somehow miss my post about this?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings atlanteavila,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.