collect personal information using fundraiser plugin

I currently use this form for collecting donations on this charity website:

It works great because it allows me to collect any personal information we need from our donors (e.g. mailing address). However, it does not allow for recurring donations, hence why I was looking at your Fundraiser plugin.

I've installed the plugin and set up a test fundraiser (see: Is there a way for me to add fields that must be filled out before a donation can be made?

Thank you!

• aristath

Hello again @Dave,

I'm afraid that currently this is not supoported out of the box and would probably require a lot of custom coding!
    I have notified our Second Level Support on this one (they're the code gurus). If this is something that can easily be done, they'll be able to further assist. Otherwise you may have to post a new job on our Jobs Board on so that a skilled developer can make that for you.

I have also submitted a feature request for this, hopefully at some point we'll be able to add this in the plugin core.

• Saurabh

Hi @Dave,

Hope you are well today!

The functions that output the forms and content (found in plugins/fundraising/lib/template-functions.php) are all pluggable. This means that if you create functions with the same name, your functions will override the default functions.

The checkout form is output by wdf_checkout_page function, and the confirmation by wdf_confirmation_page and so on.

So, you can just write your own checkout, confirmation and thank you functions by copying over the default code and adding the fields you need.

From your earlier comments, I understand that you may need different fields for different fund raisers. That will require a little extra work. You'd either check for the post ID and then output different fields for the fundraiser. Or create collections of fields and probably save an identifier what collection you wish to load in the post meta. then while showing the form, pull in those fields based on this meta value.

All this is pretty extensive and and a little more complex than we can provide here. So, I'd recommend following @aristath's advice and hiring a developer.

Once you have someone coding this for you, we can definitely provide pointers (like I have done above) and help them if they face any difficulties.

I hear you when you say that collecting additional information is a very useful feature and we'll mark this as a feature request. We'll definitely assess it for a future release. However, even then, only a common set of fields that will be used across all events is what can be added, initially.

Being able to customise these forms on a per fund raiser basis, is quite complex to do via, say a visual editor and will bloat the plugin. It might be an overkill for a lot of users. That is why, at this point, it is better extended via custom code.

I hope this helps.

Do let us know if you need further help with this.