Collecting additional fields in Events+

Per your request, I am opening a new request ticket for this...

Please see this thread:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-collect-information-from-registrants

I see how to add the additional fields, but don't know how to get them out of the database. Having them in a user db doesn't help if I can't see name, etc on the event RSVP.

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @5HDigital,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

I've just been testing this and the additional fields don't display in the exportable csv or within the admin interface. Which only leaves the database directly, but of course this isn't user friendly for retrieving the data.

I've flagged the lead developer here for his valuable input.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vladislav
      • Dead Eye Dev

Also (sorry for the double-post), you may want to make use of the "eab-exporter-csv-row" filter to directly influence the CSV output from the exporter. The filter will be called once per row, it can accept up to four parameters, and is expected to return an associative array representing the row - the array keys will be used as the row headers, while the values would be the actual row values. The first parameter will be the row data determined this far (in the explained format), the second parameter will be event data, the third one will be the booking info, and the last one will be the user data, including his/her ID. I hope this helps.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The attached RC update has an option of adding the additional fields data gathered during the registration to the exported CSV file. In this version you can also make use of the new model class to get the additional data for each user, e.g. like this:

if (class_exists('Eab_Rsvps_Arf_Model')) $data = Eab_Rsvps_Arf_Model::get($user_id);

... where $user_id is, of course, the WordPress user's numerical ID. Can you please give it a go and see if it helps?

• 5HDigital
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi everyone -

First of all, thanks so much for the update - it seems to also include the fix discussed in this thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/when-people-are-trying-to-sign-up-or-log-in-to-events#post-646060 which is fabulous.

A few questions / requests.

I love the fact that the additional fields data sticks with the user for subsequent logins.

But, if we had a user that registered before those fields were available, how do we get those fields attached to their user record? I'm hoping that with the export, as people register for subsequent events, we can change their user record to include those fields. We dont' want to have to make them re-register.

Alternatively, is there a way to specifically name those fields so they tie into the WordPress Name field for the user (not username - but First Name, Last Name, etc.)

Thanks!

• Vladislav
      • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Excellent, I'm really happy to hear that the update got you closer to where you need to be. As for the ways of having already existing users adding/editing these fields, since they're basically bits of usermeta, perhaps you can just add them to their profiles and expose them for editing in that way? As for the existing WordPress fields, there are a couple of keys WordPress profiles look by default, and some of them are "first_name", "last_name", "nickname" and "description", so perhaps this can help you with your field naming scheme.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.