-com.stackstaging.com- what is it? Where did it come from?

I did this website for a friend, using Divi. It's been pretty much trouble free since 2016 with minor fixes here & there and a migration to 20i.com last winter. Sometime between August and now, all the images disappeared. And this is a photography site. I've gotten sloppy and updated things without always checking afterwards, leaving it to my friend to tell me if something went wrong. But I guess he's been busy as well.

I looked at the media library and the media files are still there, but the associated posts are all broken. I looked at the actual links to the media files, and every one of them has changed from something like:
https://gerrymorrisonphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Gerry_logo.png
to
http://gerrymorrisonphotography-com.stackstaging.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Gerry_logo.png
I don't know where this change has come from.

The links to each gallery also appear to have been corrupted. I rolled back the media plugins and updated the plugins & themes, to no avail. Wordfence was complaining about an htaccess file so I deleted that, also no improvement. Scanned with Defender and it found no problems.

I've been able to edit an image (Nature) by hand, but having to replace everything this way is going to be very tedious.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. I've so far found no insight with searching on "Divi images missing" or "stackstaging.com".

Support access has been granted x 5 days.

I unfortunately have to be away tomorrow (10/19, PTZ), but will check back as I can.

Even if I have to edit each link by hand, it would be nice to know where the "com-stackstaging." came from.

Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to the favor of your reply.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello djohns

Were you hosting your site on eco hosting? Looks like that URL is basically the staging site URL and it remained in the database for any reason. I have checked some pages but didn't see that staging URL though.

But if you still have those staging URLs and if you have the images on your current site, then you can replace the URLs in the DB. You can use this plugin to replace any text in the database: https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-search-replace/

Make sure you take a complete DB backup before doing this operation.

Let us know how it goes. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• djohns
    • Slave to Beagles

Thank you, Ash. I'll give that a try.

Not hosted on eco hosting, it's hosted on 20i.com. I don't know why it stopped working -- it was migrated to 20i.com last January as I recall. I'd have thought that problems would crop up before then.

My youngest beagle's collar broke as we were walking to get the mail and she is loose hunting so I won't be doing any web stuff until she is back. We have a lot of coyotes in our area.

I'll let you know how things turn out, website-wise.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.