Combining plugins to work together...

I have set the listings, when people add them to pending...so when they add a site I can review it....How can I redirect them to a page that says it's being reviewed instead of page not found....

I am using membership along side of directory....I set user roles for directory, but not sure how to get them and tie them together with the membership...

For example...If I select Directory 1 level for example, how can I grant access to them on the membership page....

On the welcome message, where do I set that? I understand that I can use the shortcodes to give them a personalized message for that level, but after I do that, how do I redirect them to that welcome page?

I wanted to set the directory to paid level, and having them pay through the membership and then grant them access, but it seems I have to set the rule to free and pending...because it's two subscriptions altogether correct, so if they pay for membership, they don't necessarily have rights to creating a listing if I have it listed to paid...

So I want to create rules so that both plugins work together...Like, only so much text for the type of membership, images or no images, back links or a number of backlinks depending on the account...

When creating their listing, they do not have a chance to pic the category, which rule do I uncehck to allow them to do so...to pick a category?

• Patrick

Hi @ez123abc

How can I redirect them to a page that says it's being reviewed instead of page not found

That's not an easy thing to do, because the post doesn't really exist yet, so there's nothing to redirect. I would suggest a much simpler alternative: include a message on your Add Listing page that informs your users that if they navigate to the URL for a listing that is still under review, they will get a 404.

If I select Directory 1 level for example, how can I grant access to them on the membership page

That's where the "URL Groups" feature in Membership can come in handy. Add the URL to your Add-Listing page to a group, and include that URL group to the positive rules for the appropriate access level(s).

I understand that I can use the shortcodes to give them a personalized message for that level, but after I do that, how do I redirect them to that welcome page?

Good question, but I don't have an answer readily available. I'll have to look into that one.

so if they pay for membership, they don't necessarily have rights to creating a listing if I have it listed to paid

Correct. Those are 2 different systems. If you want users who pay via Membership to be able to add Directory listings without paying again, set Directory to free listings, but limit access to specific Membership access level(s) as above.

When creating their listing, they do not have a chance to pic the category, which rule do I uncehck to allow them to do so...to pick a category?

On your Add Listing page, there should be an area with checkboxes for all available Listing categories. Do you not see that on your page?

• Patrick

Hi again @ez123abc

Be sure the role you have selected for Directory (1st setting under "General Settings") is the same as for Membership signups.

Also, be sure you have assigned the appropriate capabilities for that role under the "Capabilities" tab.

Finally, are your members allowed to publish listings themselves, or do you have that set to "Draft" under "Directory Status Options"? Try enabling all options.

• ez123abc

Be sure the role you have selected for Directory (1st setting under "General Settings") is the same as for Membership signups.

Do you mean the subscription plan name or the Access Level Name? And what would be appropriate rights for a user to have let's say a premium member (admin)? Just wondering, not sure which rights to give besides...

(on the listing settings, I have them set for view (listing-add listing-edit listing-edit published listing-delete listing-delete published liting-upload files.)

I don't have it to edit other listings nor delete other listings...anything with other, I avoided...

I had the area for set for draft because I wanted a way to control what was published for every user. Since I can't block out certain stuff on the listing page, and when I tried to do it on the membership setting, the page was not loading up, just gave me an error that it was looping and it was not going to stop.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.