Combining Wikis

Is it possible to combine two wikis on the same plugin into a single wiki or can I export/import to achieve the same thing?. The wiki being transferred would simply become a subwiki of the main wiki.

Is it possible to change the page title after it is first created? I would occasionally need to redefine or correct one.

The widget shows all levels of subwikis. I have selected 'Only Top Level:' =Yes. I expected that it would only show the top level but I see everything. To be able to enter "View X no of levels" would be great!

Thank you for your help

• DavidM

Hi OneLung and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I'll take a look at your queries inline!

Is it possible to combine two wikis on the same plugin into a single wiki or can I export/import to achieve the same thing? The wiki being transferred would simply become a subwiki of the main wiki.

There's not an option for that at this point and I really couldn't see a way to achieve that one, myself. I'll ask the developers to take a look at that along with your mention of the other item below.

Is it possible to change the page title after it is first created? I would occasionally need to redefine or correct one.

Yes, that's definitely possible through the front-end as well as the back-end.

The widget shows all levels of subwikis. I have selected 'Only Top Level:' =Yes. I expected that it would only show the top level but I see everything. To be able to enter "View X no of levels" would be great!

Thanks for mentioning that! I tried it on a test site and experienced the same, the 'Only Top Level' option doesn't appear to work when set to 'Yes'.

I'll alert the developers on that one!

Thanks,
    David

• OneLung

Hi David, thanks for replying.

When creating my first wiki I created two rather than creating one and then having sub-wikis. The second should be a subwiki of the first and the problem is that when I go into the second one I cannot use the breadcrumbs to get back to the first because it is parallel to it, rather than above it in the hierarchy.

I have worked down both Wikis without realising the implications of doing so and now the penny has dropped. I could re-create the second wiki manually and paste the content but I was hoping for a shorter cut.

I'm trying to fit this into an existing site and I have no room to add to the menus apart from the Wikimenu - If that worked to just show the two top levels then the combination wouldn't be a question :slight_smile:

I think in the widget, it would be great if the user could choose say top 2 levels or 3 levels or just the one top level. Can the widget be duplicated or set to show only the content sub-wikis for the current page? - I think wikimedia does this?

Thanks a million

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.