Combining Wikis

Is it possible to combine two wikis on the same plugin into a single wiki or can I export/import to achieve the same thing?. The wiki being transferred would simply become a subwiki of the main wiki.

Is it possible to change the page title after it is first created? I would occasionally need to redefine or correct one.

The widget shows all levels of subwikis. I have selected 'Only Top Level:' =Yes. I expected that it would only show the top level but I see everything. To be able to enter "View X no of levels" would be great!

Thank you for your help

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi OneLung and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I'll take a look at your queries inline!

Is it possible to combine two wikis on the same plugin into a single wiki or can I export/import to achieve the same thing? The wiki being transferred would simply become a subwiki of the main wiki.

There's not an option for that at this point and I really couldn't see a way to achieve that one, myself. I'll ask the developers to take a look at that along with your mention of the other item below.

Is it possible to change the page title after it is first created? I would occasionally need to redefine or correct one.

Yes, that's definitely possible through the front-end as well as the back-end.

The widget shows all levels of subwikis. I have selected 'Only Top Level:' =Yes. I expected that it would only show the top level but I see everything. To be able to enter "View X no of levels" would be great!

Thanks for mentioning that! I tried it on a test site and experienced the same, the 'Only Top Level' option doesn't appear to work when set to 'Yes'.

I'll alert the developers on that one!

Thanks,
    David

• OneLung
    • New Recruit

Hi David, thanks for replying.

When creating my first wiki I created two rather than creating one and then having sub-wikis. The second should be a subwiki of the first and the problem is that when I go into the second one I cannot use the breadcrumbs to get back to the first because it is parallel to it, rather than above it in the hierarchy.

I have worked down both Wikis without realising the implications of doing so and now the penny has dropped. I could re-create the second wiki manually and paste the content but I was hoping for a shorter cut.

I'm trying to fit this into an existing site and I have no room to add to the menus apart from the Wikimenu - If that worked to just show the two top levels then the combination wouldn't be a question :slight_smile:

I think in the widget, it would be great if the user could choose say top 2 levels or 3 levels or just the one top level. Can the widget be duplicated or set to show only the content sub-wikis for the current page? - I think wikimedia does this?

Thanks a million

• OneLung
    • New Recruit

The wikis can be 'moved' or 'combined' in the back end by editing the top level wiki and making it a subwiki of another.

The permalink can be changed in the quick edit but not in the main edit page

The widget is absolutely 100% useless

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi OneLung,

Really sorry for the lack of response here! And thanks for your feedback on the widget, though it really is meant only as a simple widget for wiki usage. I'll mention those items for the developer to see about possible inclusion in the plugin.

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.