comlex netowrk including multiple sub directory WP installs & sub directory WP multiuser instal

Hi gang,

First I'd like to mention that the WPMUDEV toolkit is a true blessing. It allows for a fully integrated game plan with a WPMU strategy with some core interoperability. Very nice.

So far we have developed the business model for a complex MVP using WPMUDEV tools and an beautiful best in class aesthetics from the creme of the crop from Envato's impressive themeforest and codecanyon.

I am writing to please ask for your best advice on whether it is necessary to have MEMBERSHIP installed through the network or just in the parent site directory wallplay.me?

By using User Synchronization, we can grant users access to their designated areas, Creators & Brands. Then with PRO SITES we can automatically grant the artists who sign up as Creators with Memebership 2 to then create their own "blogs" or portfolio sites more accurately.

Brands who sign up in membership can then log into the brand section to browse and shop for projects (jobs) listings and view artist profiles that we cross pollinate into the wallplay.me/brands/marketplace

I beleive that this is all basically set up correctly as is right now. We are going to start testing the logic and the user roles this week and then fill in the content for this very scalable fractal like website project.

One of the issues is look and feel. Aesthetics is our highest core value, as everyone judges you from the outside, by appearances. With global brands as our core client base, we can not EVER look average or shlocky. We find that the UI/UX of WPMUDEV is the only sticking point. It seems that it's designed by coders and geniuses on the database and command line side of things. Colored green alert boxes and such just will never work for anyone with a global brand to manage. So we are curious if we can successfully manage to use GravityForms for our Membership sign up process?

Gravity Forms does have some instructions on how to use it for signing up users to have WP MultiSite set up.

So we are wondering about that.

We are keeping things organzed by WP framework. IE the Creators MultiSite sub-directory instal uses themes from the same developer so there are no conflicts .

So far so good.

If you can put your thinking caps on and think through the logic that this diatribe reveals about the Wallplay.me project and respond with not only answers, but also any cause and effect related insights for specific areas that WPMUDEV may have experienced in any such partially similar or completely identical projects you are aware of to date.

Once again, thank you for creating such a robust and useful product line.

L.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Laura,

I am writing to please ask for your best advice on whether it is necessary to have MEMBERSHIP installed through the network or just in the parent site directory wallplay.me?

When you network activate the Membership 2 pro plugin, you will give ability to create own subscriptions level to subsites admins. So they will have ability to create their own protected areas on their subsites.
    If you want Membership only working for you, and for your main site, then you can't activate it in network.

So we are curious if we can successfully manage to use GravityForms for our Membership sign up process?

Yes, this is possible - here you can find the instruction for that from one of our members
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gravity-forms-and-membership-signup#post-232538
    Also, you can always try to overwrite the CSS styles from our plugin to match styles of your theme.

If you can put your thinking caps on and think through the logic that this diatribe reveals about the Wallplay.me project and respond with not only answers, but also any cause and effect related insights for specific areas that WPMUDEV may have experienced in any such partially similar or completely identical projects you are aware of to date.

For this one, I will ask some other staff members to share their thoughts on this because, I personally didn't have chance to create such of complex service.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.