Comment Plus Facebook Wall Post Image Error

I've got Comment Plus up and running but when I comment and it shares it on my FB Wall it uses an image I would not like it to. How can I set the image it should be using?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hi bensullins.

I've just tested and see what you mean. At the moment there is not a way to decide what image is show.

I will bring this up with the developer. But in the mean time how would you envisage this working.

I think it would be good if it could pull a custom logo perhaps, what do you reckon?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

You can actually control which image is being used by adding some OpenGraph headers. This approach may be a good idea, as the images you set up in the headers will also be used when someone likes/shares your page.

However, in the latest plugin release (v1.3, just released) there is an add-on titled "Facebook Featured image" that you may also find useful. It will attempt to pick up the featured image of the post your visitor comments on, and submit that to Facebook. If that fails (i.e. the post doesn't have a featured image), it will send the "Fallback image", which you can set up in plugin settings once you activate this add-on. Lastly, you can set a constant image, which will always be used instead of featured/fallback image combination.

• bensullins
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Awesome thanks! I'll give it a shot. Coincidentally the plugin is no longer working and I have another thread going talking about picking up the users existing FB session since I already have another plugin that they use to authenticate when commenting.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.