Comment Plus post appear on different post

I am running Comment Plus on a multisite network. The plugin is working fine with some blogs, but for others when a comment is created for a particular post, the comment appears on a post that was previously created. This is happens for FB and Twitter. And the comments also leave links (on Twitter and FB) pointing the the the wrong post. Alternative Facebook Initialization has been activated.

Any idea what this could be and how it can be fixed?

• Timothy Bowers

Hi rillc.

Sorry for the delay in getting to you, as you can imagine, it is the festive season so usual hours don't apply. But on the side of the forum:

Support staff hours are 9AM - 5PM CST (US) Monday - Friday... threads posted outside this time may experience response delays of 12 - 16 hours or longer at weekends.

We do aim to get to threads much quicker but some times delays are inevitable. I notice your first post was about 9 hours ago.

For your issue could you please disable all other plugins and test again, if it works then re-enable each plugin, one by one until you find the culprit. You could also temporary revert to using the Twenty Eleven theme and then test again to see if it works.

Let us know how you get on, and all the best for the new year! :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers

No worries. :slight_smile:

We don't always tackle queries in exact order of being posted. Some are more time consuming than others. So whilst working on a harder one, we will sometimes go through and answer easier ones at the same time to ensure all threads receive a response.

Of course we also go through replies to active threads we participate in.

After disabling all your plugins, did you also try the default theme?

Can we also check you are using the latest WordPress and Plugin releases?

I've never had this issue myself nor have I seen it reported by anyone else.

Could we have a link to your site so we could test?

Take care.

• Mason

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.