comments broke when updated buddypress daily

Hi, I get the following error with all comments on blog posts after updating buddypress.

call_user_func(bp_dtheme_blog_comments) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in............

Thanks much

• gearupandplay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

HI, yes, I just updated Buddypress today as well as the buddypress daily theme. I just tried to deactivate all plugins except buddypress and still same problem.

Also, for some strange reason on the home page when I am logged in instead of saying my user name like it does normally in the login-box it actually just gives the URL to the profile. Other pages it does display my username as a link.

Thanks

• gearupandplay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK, I managed to do the following, I went into the wp-includes/comment-template.php and commented out the following lines 1333-1336

if ( !empty($args['callback']) ) {
    call_user_func($args['callback'], $comment, $args, $depth);
    return;

This is where the error was occurring and now comments are appearing. I don't know what this really means but how do I fix it or can I just leave it commented out. Thanks

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

I also can't replicate this are you on the latest version of Daily and BuddyPress 1.5.

You should not need to comment out that in comment-template.php we strongly advise never editing a core file.

Are you 100% sure no old files are left in your child or anything that weren't updated with the new changes? I simply can't even see the issue on the front page (see attached screenshot). Sorry having a hard time replicating this :slight_frown:

• gearupandplay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK, sorry, you were right, I had a comments.php file hanging out in the child theme that I had made some changes to. I guess I had to edit it to fit with the new version. This stuff is confusing for me. I thought If I did it in the child theme I wouldn't have to do all these edits when updating. Thanks for all the help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.