"Comments Closed" - Ultimate Facebook + Studio theme

I'm kind of stumped... Have the "Comments Closed" thing going on with my site. At some point comments were working because I have some spam comments waiting for clearance or dismissal.

I installed ultimate facebook with thought of using the FB commenting module which is what uncovered the problem.

It's apparently not Ultimate per se, because I restored the site back to pre-installation state and it still shows the same way.

Maybe I am just a noob and have something configured wrongly, but Discussion settings seem to be what you would expect.

WP ver 3.52 (some plugs not ready for 3.8)
Tried turning off all plugins - no change.
Tried default 2013/12 theme - no change.

??

Thx.

• Patrick

Hi @MScott821

We only ever support the most current stable version of WordPress, so that's 3.8 right now. That doesn't mean the plugin won't work, just that we don't guarantee nor support older versions.

Without upgrading the version of WP it would inhibit our ability to fully assist because we can't offer/guarantee backwards compatibility.

The only thing I can advise at this point is to update the installation and test again.

• MScott821

Well, actually I did that w/o any benefit. Switching my theme from WPMUDev's Studio to 2013 (which also did nothing beneficial either - while on WP 3.8) and then back to Studio blew out all of my configured tweaks to the settings in the navigation settings, etc, so I restored/rolled back to where I was.

Lastly - not being a noodge - the plugin info page for Ultimate shows that WP 3.7 is the latest supported version... Just sayin'.

I would say that only supporting the "current" version of WP is a bit restrictive as there are numerous reasons that we can't all jump on the latest point release as soon as it comes out...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.