Comments+ Comments Posting to Wrong Posts

Hello,

Our blog comments are posting to the wrong posts when your Comments+ plugin is active.

Does this have anything to do with Permalink support?
We have permalinks setup as:
http://showiteer.com/%category%/%postname%/

If I deactivate the Comments + plugin and use the built in comment option then the comments appear on the correct posts.

Any help would be great!
Thanks!
JT Pals

• Domas
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking!

I think it's not related to permalinks, but you can try to change to default and see how it works.

Does it happen on all posts/pages?

Are you using the latest version of Comments+ plugin and WordPress? If so, would you please enable support access from WPMU DEV > Support?

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
    Domas

• JT Pals
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Domas,

I've disabled a bunch of other plugins until the Comments widget posted correctly. Then I reactivated the plugins and it's still working.

We do have the W3 Total Cache plugin that was recently enabled and I may only know with some additional time if that was the cause.

I have another question about the Comments+

-Facebook users who post do not have a working profile link. Your plugin seems to link their name in the post to a Facebook URL that should load the profile but it always comes up not working. For example one link is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10202507980673042 (I'm even friends with this person and it doesn't load for me)
    How can this link correctly to the user profile on FB?

Thanks!

• JT Pals
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Oh, another question I had was why after posting a comment the reloaded URL doesn't bring them directly to that comment message at the bottom of the post? The default comment system reloads the page and brings them to the specific comment # in the post.

Thanks!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @JT Pals

About the comment submission issue, would you please check the issue with default WP 2012 theme? If it works with, please let me know which theme you are using.

Oh, another question I had was why after posting a comment the reloaded URL doesn't bring them directly to that comment message at the bottom of the post? The default comment system reloads the page and brings them to the specific comment # in the post.

This would be a nice addition, I believe. I am marking this as a feature request.

Cheers
    Ash

• JT Pals
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I don't believe this question copied below was answered previously.

-Facebook users who post do not have a working profile link. Your plugin seems to link their name in the post to a Facebook URL that should load the profile but it always comes up not working. For example one link is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10202507980673042 (I'm even friends with this person and it doesn't load for me)
    How can this link correctly to the user profile on FB?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @JT Pals

Sorry for the confusion here. I just wanted you to check the issue with default WP 2012 theme so that we can be sure that nothing in your theme is altering the profile link.

Also, would you please provide me a link so that I can check the issue from here?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• JT Pals
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Ash,

I'm not familiar with what UFB Comments section is. Can you please explain more?

We have the following plugins that communicate with Facebook:
    -Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags for WordPress
    -WordPress Chat by WPMU DEV
    -Comments Plus by WPMU DEV

JT

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @JT Pals

I am sorry I mixed up with another plugin, I missed the title, so sorry about that.

I have checked comment plus plugin in my another test site, and it's working there too.

http://cplus.devsandbox.info/2014/03/20/hello-world/ (click on Sonia moon)

Do you have any add on activated? If yes, which are?

Would you please deactivated all other plugins (specially those communicate with comments and facebook) and check if comment plus works?

If it still doesn't work, please enable support access from WPMU DEV > Support, we will take a look.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @JT Pals

I have checked your settings and honestly could not figure it out. I need to check the files.

But first, would you please install default WP 2012 theme and check with that theme? I am asking to do it so that we can find out if the issue is a conflict with your current theme or not.

If it doesn't work with default theme (note that, you need to post a comment after activating new theme, old comments won't be fixed), send me your ftp details.

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• JT Pals
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Ash,

I will need to copy my current site to a test server to test a theme switch. The site is currently live and cannot have it's theme changed as it currently is.

Let me get back to you once I can test on a different site.

Thanks!
    JT

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.