Comments + : Custom Post Type Support & Previous FB Comment Plugin

I have a couple questions about the Comments Plus plugin:

Can I choose which custom post types do NOT display the comments?

Can I change from my previous FB comments plugin (already have the FB app set up) without losing my existing FB comments?

Can I turn on/off comments on pages/posts/custom post types by category, per page, type, etc.?

Thanks,
Daisy

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello again,

Can I choose which custom post types do NOT display the comments?

Its not something in the comments plus settings. It will only appear on the posts where you have comments enabled.

Can I change from my previous FB comments plugin (already have the FB app set up) without losing my existing FB comments?

Both plugins use different way of showing comments. Ultimate Facebook shows them in a different way and does not import them in default wordpress comments but comments plus shows them along with the default wordpress comments.

Example : http://wpdemo.in/2012/08/02/hello-world/#comments

The top 2 comments which say test and test again are done using the Comments Plus system and the one below is done using ultimate facebook

Can I turn on/off comments on pages/posts/custom post types by category, per page, type, etc.?

This is again something which is not controlled by the plugin settings but again the discussion settings on the posts.

Cheers, PC

• daisypeel
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the response - I guess my question should be more clear with regards to 'losing' comments - I don't have FB comments currently imported to my WP install, they're being displayed from the FB app on FB's server (?). So those won't be lost, right? It's just a matter of telling any FB comment plugin the ID of the app already installed, and it'll show those comments?

• daisypeel
    • Flash Drive

I tried installing Comments +, it looks nice, but none of my previous FB comments are showing up. Just to clarify, these are the FB comments and they are not imported in to WP - just trying to understand the behavior of this plugin. I don't want to lose the ability to display those FB comments made previously. They're all still there, not in my wp database but on FB...

Thanks!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @daisypeel

Greetings and thanks for posting back.

Both the plugins work in a different way.

Ultimate facebook : Pulls comments which are made on a post (When its shared on facebook) and comments are cross synced.

Comments Plus : It provides the ability to login using facebook on the site and make comments and also give an option to share the comment of the facebook profile of the person making the comment

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.