Comments + doesn't show comment options

I've got Comments + all setup, but it isn't having any affect on the comment form. I'm using a theme based on Cherry Framework 3

do_action( 'comment_form_before' );

is in the template /wp-includes/comment-template.php

I've used Comments + on a different domain also with Cherry Framework and it works fine.

any suggestions? I've granted access on the dashboard.

• Sajid

Hi Damon,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting support staff access. I could login and first thing I did were installed TwentySixteen theme and activated it (restored it back afterwards). That did the trick and comments plus started showing on blog page as seen in attached screenshot.

That is the default template of WordPress core that can be and is being overridden by your theme.

Upon further troubleshooting I could found that your main theme is using the comment.php file and instead of calling the comment_form() function hardcoded all the form itself on that page.

I went ahead and added comment_form_before and comment_form_after action hooks in your theme comments template and its started working. But obviously this will be overriding/lost when you will update Cherry framework so its recommended to move comments.php file from parent to child theme.

Here is the standalone updated file code that you can download from pastebin and move in child theme if you can't find that in parent theme:
    http://pastebin.com/fFnRBueX

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid