Comments+ not showing in comments section

I am not sure if I am doing this properly but I can't seem to get Comments+ to work.

1. Do I need to create a new dev app (fb,twittter/g+) for this or can I use an existing dev app I made for the social login process?

2. If I only want the WP login comment, how do I get just that one to show?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Judah,

Hope you're doing well today!

You can use an existing dev app you have made as long as the callback url is the same site :slight_smile:

I've just changed your injection hooks slightly too, it should be all good to go now, you can check it out.

If you want to hide some of the other comment options then you can use the option in the attached screenshot to hide all but the WP option if you like :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Judah,

No problem, happy to help :slight_smile:

You moved my sidebar around but I should be able to get it back to the right spot.

Only change I made was with the injection hooks. I don't think that should move your sidebar around. Anyways, apologies if it did! Definitely didn't intend for that to happen.

Enjoy your weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Judah,

You will want to use a different hook in that case, sorry about that. You were using the comments_template hook for both, if you can add in another hook lower down in your comments template and use that as your "finish hook" instead, then it should be fine :slight_smile:

Let us know how that works!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Judah
    • New Recruit

Hey @Tyler Postle,

I'm not too familiar with adding in new hooks - also don't know what kind of hook I should be adding..

Can you show me/ comment on what you added into my functions.php file. I would like to comment it out and deactivate the plugin for now until I have the proper resources set up to add in that new hook.

• Judah
    • New Recruit

Hey @Tyler Postle,

I deactivated the plugin and my comments went back to normal.

I need to know what code you placed in my functions.php file so I can remove it/ comment it out.

It is no longer necessary and I do not want it in my system/files.

Please get back to me on this ASAP.

Thanks,
    Judah

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Judah,

Sorry for the delay here. I didn't place anything in your functions.php here. The only change I made was with the "injection hook" fields in the comments+ plugin itself. If you've deactivated the plugin then that field will no longer be active :slight_smile: so you should be good to go.

I've attached a screenshot of the fields I'm talking about. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Judah
    • New Recruit

Hey @Tyler Postle,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly on this one.

I deactivated the plugin and everything went back to normal.

I have to recheck the functions in my functions.php because I don't recognize them. Thought you may have placed them there. Sorry about that.

Thanks again for your help on this one.

Appreciate the speed.

Thanks,
    Judah

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.