Comments on Ultimate Facebook Crashing Mobile Browser

Hello everyone,

I am working on a site for a client: http://www.hudsonvalleyweather.com, and they have a huge audience. Over 1000 visitors come to the site at a time ... sometimes tens of thousands a day. As a result, some posts are pulling in almost 200 Facebook comments. At first, I thought it was because I was pulling in background images that were too large, but I fixed that and am now pulling in background files that are smaller on mobile.

I tested a page that had 2 comments vs. a page that had 59 and one that had 189 comments and those two pages crashed the browser, and the one with 2 comments did not crash.

Is there a way to paginate the Facebook comments, or just turn them off for mobile?

If you have any other options/opinions, please let me know. If you want to test it out for yourself, there are 4 posts being pulled in on the homepage, and each post displays the number of comments there are.

What I have been doing to test integrity is to go to the post and quickly swipe the page up and down to see if it can handle the quick scrolling from top to bottom. Browser also crashed when slowly scrolling, but to expedite the crash, I did quick up and down scrolling.

The posts with minimal comments can handle the quick up and down scrolling that I've done.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to seeing some ideas. I'd imagine that this issue happens often one sites with massive visitors, because there is an open connection between Facebook and the site pulling in avatars, personal info, and comments ... that is a ton of information being passed. Correct me if I am wrong :slight_smile: I love being educated.

Cheers!