Comments Plus

I have just installed the Comments Plus and saw that the settings don't follow on my Users Dashboard. I am running a Multisite and would like for it to be set for every User currently on the site and also future so i won't have to do everything manually each time.

I have Comments Index installed and Comments plus, do I need anything else besides this to create a good feed on the main hub page and managing looks and how to comment on individual pages.

Thanks Guys!!

Marcus

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Marcus,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You can configure the apps for all your subsites on network so you or your users don't need to configure the app on each subsite when Comments Plus is active on network wide. To enable this option go to Network -> Settings -> Comments Plus and you will see a checkbox with each application settings area with label I want to use this app on all subsites too (see screenshot).

If you need every thing configure on main/network site including general settings then I am afraid its not possible out of the box. If you still need that any way then let me know and I will try to comeup with a workaround.

Comment Indexer plugin is a helper plugin that facilitate other plugins like recent comments plugin. So if you have that plugin install then you need to install Recent Comments plugin as well.

But please remember that, if you use social comments like Facebook then those will not appear in the recent comments feed because those are directly stored on Facebook database instead of local WordPress database. So you must use WordPress comments to appear those comments in recent comments feed.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Mr Right Now
    • The Crimson Coder

Ur Awesome!!! :slight_smile: Thanks So much Ill look into this now, but pretty sure you told me everything in here! Was mostly just a little confused upon how they work together.

Then I have some questions upon another plugin but I should start a new thread for that right?

Thanks

• Mr Right Now
    • The Crimson Coder

Found the use on all subsides button I was not in the root install.

Basically its built in Multisite root. Then I have a combined wall for all subsides coming into Lucid Hive main site. Then subsides/bloggers after that.

When I go into The Multisite/settings/commentsplus I see the settings you mentioned but it stops after hooks section.

When I go into Lucid Hive/settings/commentsplus or any subsites I also get the comments plus add ons.

Why can't I set that in the main window that you directed me to?

I want to make a theme and look that works for all users.

Attaching screenshots

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Marcus

I hope you are doing well today!

When I go into The Multisite/settings/commentsplus I see the settings you mentioned but it stops after hooks section.

It sounds right, he Hooks section is the last one, of the Comments+ settings, if you are viewing the settings from your Network Dashboard.

Why can't I set that in the main window that you directed me to?

This is how the plugin currently works, it's not possible to network actvate the add-ons. You can activate add-ons on your subsites only.

Let us know if you require any further information!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.