Comments plus and fb comments don't appear for bones, roots, bootstrap, whiteboard and many oth

Hello great wmpudev community,

I have a big problem to make working “comments plus” plugin with some themes or theme frameworks.

The plugins are working without problems with themes like 20-11, 20-12 or responsive, but for another themes like bones, roots, shoestrap, wp bootstrap or whiteboard and almost all themes from farm 133 pack, no comments plus appear, I can see only standard wordpress comments.

I experience the same issue with another plugin “Ultimate Facebook” and its feature “FB comments”.

I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Thanks,

Damian

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Both plugins (Ultimate Facebook and Comments Plus) work best with themes that make use of the comment_form() function – very old themes (the ones that pre-date the function) usually don’t, as well as some others.

I have tested a couple of the themes you mentioned, and found that Facebook comments do work on Whiteboard, as well as Comments Plus too. For shoestrap, the Comments Plus will also work out of the box, but there’s a custom hook that needs to be set up for Facebook Comments in the plugin settings: “shoestrap_after_comments”. Also, for shoestrap, adding this define will make sure everything works well with Ultimate Facebook:

define('WDFB_FOOTER_HOOK', 'shoestrap_after_footer', true);

• time4novelty
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @vladislav and @tom Eagles

Unfortunately I have to reopen this topic. The plugins don’t work correctly with every second theme. Even if I make it to work for one theme after settings the hooks, how it will works for multi-site network, for users that have no idea about coding and want to change from one to another theme.

What with the new bootstrap based themes, the plugin doesn’t work out of the box. Why the plugin “Facebook Comments by Fat Panda” work with all themes mentioned by me out of the box and “Ultimate FB” and “Comments +” are so difficult to set up?

Best,

Damian

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Damian,

Knock, Knock – Housekeeping –> Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.