Comments Plus Auto login

Hi there,

I haven't downloade this plugin yet, but having a look at the example in the comments section, it appears you have to install an app on facebook or authorise the app via twitter. This means I assume if I install it my users will have to do the same. Does the plugin have functionality to allow the plugin to function like the normal facebook commenting system where if you are already logged into facebook on your browser, it will allow you to comment

• DavidM

Hi heruni and first off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

Your users wouldn't need to install an app when using this actually. Just one App (per each service of course) is just needed to communicate with those external services, Facebook and Twitter.

There's not an auto-login option but the login is quick, users simply login like they would through the App, through the Facebook or Twitter popups.

Basically, the App potentially can get information about the user, so that login and agreement process is required.

-David

• heruni

Hi David,

I have facebook comments on my site already and users can just comment if they are already logged into facebook. Is this the same for this plugin? From your explanation they need to authorise an app before they can comment and I feel this is a barrier to them actually commenting on articles.

On a side note, can we please change the email of this account to tyranel@hotmail.com

We signed up using a colleague's email, but I need the emails to direct somewhere else, but i couldn't change it on the backend of WPMU dev

Cheers,

Jeff

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.