Comments Plus – Facebook API not working

Hi,

during the installation of Comments Plus I ran into some problems. I’ve managed to partially solve them, but there are some bugs remaining.

class_wdcp_public_pages L79 is hooking in the wrong action. “get_footer” is theme specific, I guess “wp_footer” would be the correct hook here (http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_footer).

After fixing that I’m atleast able to login with my FB account. Unfortuneatly I cannot write any comments as WdCP_AdminPages::json_get_form returns the FB Login Button again. Some further investigation shows that the Facebook PHP API doesn’t recognize that I’m logged in (returned Facebook User ID is 0).

I’m using Comments Plus 1.4 with WordPress 3.3.1.

It would be great if anyone could help me.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

ingame

Hi and Welcome to WPMUdev forums!

I’ve found a bit in the codex about get_footer http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_footer

seems it’s OK to use here :slight_smile:

As for your facebook issue, you can check your Facebook App page and double check the url and you can also ensure that you have Disable offline depreciation settings ticked in the advanced menu.

If it still persists I would ask if you have any other plugins running that use Facebook API and if you can try to test for a plugin conflict. (i.e. does it work when all other plugins are turned off)

Looking forward to helping!

Kimberly

• ingame
    • New Recruit

get_footer() is a helper function for theme developers (in opposite of wp_footer which is the hook for the footer), might not be the best idea to rely on it :wink:. But that is not the main problem, as I already fixed it.

But the problem of the not working Login persist. Deprecate offline access set to activated and deactivated did not work. There are no other facebook plugins activated.

Any other ideas?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ingame,

I am assuming that you have gone ahead and updated your version of WordPress to the new 3.3.2 version though I do not think for a second that this is the issue but want to be ready for when I try to get the lead developer of the Comments Plus plugin in here to offer us his advice/advise on how we may go about fixing this issue.

In addition, I want to make him aware of your fix that you have done regarding the footer hook.

I am not going to wait for a reply from you regarding the WordPress version to contact the lead developer in an effort to expedite this and getting him in here asap.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

First off, let me say you’re theoretically right, wp_footer would be the proper hook to use there – in theory. Unfortunately, in practice, a LOT of themes out there have absolutely no notion of it – but even the worst ones will most likely call get_footer() at some point.

As for the FB login issue, are you using some sort of caching plugin? If so, can you please try to purge your cache and see if it helps? If the answer is no or if this doesn’t help, can you please post a link to one of the pages where the issue happens?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ingame,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.